QLD Whats happening, QLD .....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks like the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival is going to happen last weekend in May 2204, its a top event ............ Its TBC at present...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Quite a number of regional events lined up this year in Western QLD, here's a link HERE some to go to and others to know where to steer clear of due to crowds .....

Reactions: Hitting the road

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If hoping to travel from Rainbow Beach to Double Island Point over the next week or so, depending on tides it may not happen as a sand slide has closed the beach way, usually as the tide washes it away a bit more comes down............ check with QPWS bulletins..... Dated 04JAN24.

slide.jpg Pic:..... QLD POLICE .......
1704397597855.jpeg

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its been a lucky dip for them for the last year tides, sticks and storms surge, it may only be for a few days, really depends on the waves and tides sometimes the slide will sit still and the waves just chew a bit away and for an hour of low tide you can get around, of course the tow truck will get a few customers who try to drive around it ...............

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Who would have thought, o_O QPWS paid for some clearing of the sand at the Coloured Sands sand slip, certainly hope it wasn't my council, so it should be good until the next slip or high tide...........

slide 2.jpg ........................QLD POLICE Pic.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now this is a QUEENSLAND sounding event:....... Entice your inner Bogan maybe..

1706402437932.png
........... Emerald QLD FEB 24....... but wait there's more ...
1706402522180.png
... at Bundy and Rocky...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Once they sweep the mud out it will be up and running ..... haven't checked how some of my favourite places out that way have fared yet, Noccundra, Thargo and Quilpie will certainly have a problem with damp as well.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There is so much rain about and it does not look like it is stopping any time soon.

Sometimes the WET does arrive in force ................................... folk out west do like a good drop, then a slow drain across the land for a few months or so ...

Hitting the road

Jan 14, 2022
Brisbane
Its almost like weather patterns back to normal...or what it was a hundred years ago. These places out West regularly got a good dunking, just having a look at the size of the river beds and gullies cut in to the landscape indicate this type of flooding is certainly not new. Hope the water refills the underground aquifers that have been deplenished...and the locals don't lose too much.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Went on a Wet Season Exercise in NT once, thankfully where I was it rained only a day or two and I never had to use the shovel, winch or mats that I had loaded, equally lucky I was refuelling aircraft when it did rain and not out in the bush...Could have been camped in truck for weeks....As a wet season capability ex it failed.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We watched the state of origin at Kynuna a couple of years ago, the young aboriginal girl serving beer convinced me she was from NSW but after the game she told me she was just stirring me as NSW had a rare victory she was in fact a local with a really dry sense of humour great times

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Certainly tempting for me, love the country out there................ April 21-23 then a quick trip to Winton for Anzac Day the 25th another great event.....

julia creek.jpg .....................................

Guesty

Jun 18, 2021
Adelaide
If hoping to travel from Rainbow Beach to Double Island Point over the next week or so, depending on tides it may not happen as a sand slide has closed the beach way, usually as the tide washes it away a bit more comes down............ check with QPWS bulletins..... Dated 04JAN24.

View attachment 69540 Pic:..... QLD POLICE .......View attachment 69541 ...
Have you taken the van onto Teewah Beach? Thinking of heading that way in early December and wondered which of the zones were the pick of the spots?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have you taken the van onto Teewah Beach? Thinking of heading that way in early December and wondered which of the zones were the pick of the spots?

The usual entry for dragging a van along the beach is from Noosa, Rainbow Beach is never a great idea 99% of the time..... I have seen a few vans on the beach at Teewah but I wouldn't advise a large unit, towing a trailer was bad enough at times I found............ I haven't been over there for ages, just too crowded now so I give it a miss but I would want a flat beach and if taking a van certainly want some back up with me, since I live nearby I don't pay much attention to the camping spots now............................... Before you go get the latest beach conditions as it can all change in a matter of days....... The Ice Man at Rainbow Beach is one of the best places to get a beach report from as he's over there almost daily....

Reactions: Guesty