Exterior What to do with roof mounted airconditioning water

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
Hi,

What does everyone do with the roof mounted (eg. IBIS3 in my case) air-conditioning water discharge on the roof.

Mine seems to dribble down the awning when extended and drops from the awning arms close to the awning barrel.

Quite annoying there isn't a drain to take is somewhere better.

Chris

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We've got a 20.63.1OB and I prefer to have the kerb side lower, my feet end, because I cant handle having high feet so we aim for the tilt. The bonus with that it can be very diificult to get any van completely level, but incredibly easy to be head high because within reason the size of the tilt is irrelevant; another bonus is kerb side down means the shower door stay closed by default. I also have the front of the van higher so all the water runs off the rear kerb side of the van (away from the van door and the traffic area)

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
I have the same matey so I have the van slightly tilt towards the back and rear corner as:

A) The pipes go that way towards sullage etc
B) The shower drain is at the back of the shower so the water falls that way after use
C) The A/C water runs off the roof that side.
D) Fridge door will close if the kids leave it open

I hear you about the shower door so maybe have a latch or magnet put on the door.

Reactions: dagree