16' Series What Should I be paying for a 16.43-3 OB New?

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Hi, We have the discovery 17.55-5 on order. The layout it's very similar to our old Viscount but with a north west bed (and a lot more luxuries). Hope you guys don't mind me lurking here because you have some great ideas for mods and information.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi, We have the discovery 17.55-5 on order. The layout it's very similar to our old Viscount but with a north west bed (and a lot more luxuries). Hope you guys don't mind me lurking here because you have some great ideas for mods and information.

Welcome, no bias here...

I am nearly finished my order of one so there will be two of us on the forum :)...

Post up some details of what you are getting when you get a chance I would love to hear about it!!!

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Welcome to the forum, Thirstviv. will look forward to some photos when you get your van. :cheer2:

Hey Chartrock, thanks for the welcome, yeah mate I will start my own thread once I get our "Campermavan" and display him in all of his glory........hehe oh and the smell of new "campermavan" can wait.

On the topic well its a bit dissapointing that Jayco are charging extra on the 17 models as they are really good looking vans so much so that it caused a deliema(sp???) on which van to choose either the 16.49-3 OB or 17.56.2 standard, but considering the size of my family (Wife, daughter and I) the 16.49-3 ticked all of the boxes for practicallity.

Lets see how bad the new prices affect the 17 sales.

to one and all congrats on your awesome vans and keep your reports of your trips coming as they are all inspiring and provide valuable information for our next family advennture.

Regards

Thirstyviv

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Hi Fam Man,
Like others have already said try the big 3 in Vic. Page Bros, Bayswater and Geelong. From my experience the salesman at Geelong was to cocky and was never going to get my business at $34500 for a 14.44-4, Page Bros were a bit better but Bayswater smashed everyone out of the park... 14.44-4 Outback with Awning, Air, Control Panel and Privacy Screen for $31900. I bought my Dove from them and form the moment I walked in the door they wanted to help me and wanted my business. A quote from a salesman at another dealership was "geez they've gone in hard early".....

Reactions: Fam-Man-WA

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
First post on the forum :)... Was going to save it for when I started my build thread but thought I to could add value to this thread in sharing what we bought and what it cost us.... Nothing better than knowing how hard to squeeze by knowing what other people have got in terms of deals.

So we just ordered a 2012 16'49'1B outback with the following extras:

Awning
Full annex walls
Privacy screens
Pinic table on side of van
Hot water service
Outside shower
Extra water tank
Pre wired for solar panels

Drive away for the above : $36500

Sticking with the standard fridge since we feel the extra counter space is wore more and we have a 50ltr waeco that travels with us.

No air on either, no brainier this one IMO. We have been camping in a jayco swan for a couple of years and a box trailer type option for a few years before that and of all the things we used to say would be good to have, an air on never came up.

Hope this helps someone out

Cheers

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Fam-man-WA
Caravan land can often be twisted a little harder. WA prices are much higher than East due to freight. List all the things you want then go negotiate best price. With 2012 stock arriving for caravan show they probably be keen to more stock. Good luck
Jenny... PS if you want to free camp shower and toilet would be handy...

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
First post on the forum :)... Was going to save it for when I started my build thread but thought I to could add value to this thread in sharing what we bought and what it cost us.... Nothing better than knowing how hard to squeeze by knowing what other people have got in terms of deals.

Awning
Full annex walls
Privacy screens
Hot water service
Outside shower
Extra water tank

Sticking with the standard fridge since we feel the extra counter space is wore more and we have a 50ltr waeco that travels with us.

No air on either, no brainier this one IMO. We have been camping in a jayco swan for a couple of years and a box trailer type option for a few years before that and of all the things we used to say would be good to have, an air on never came up.

Cheers

Welcome zerosecta, nice to see you here.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au

Awning
Full annex walls
Privacy screens
Hot water service
Outside shower
Extra water tank

Cheers

Welcome Zerosecta you will love the Expanda, it would be interesting to know how long people last with the Jayco campers, after having a soft floor for two years we bought a new Eagle and loved it thinking this would see us for many years, after 2 years and most of our trips are touring and kids we had enough and then after a 9 week Kimberley trip in the Eagle we bought the Expanda.......almost 4 years and still love every trip especially the shower and toilet NO MORE shower tent unless we take the oztent.

I think one of the best things is you can get inside anytime also the screen door, lower beds, higher benches, easy pack up etc.etc.etc.etc

Christian

Ours is an 08 with flys and with Trigg,air,awning sterling fridge, battery was $35,000

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks for the welcome boys,

Funny you mention just about on the mark what attracts us to the expanda havin two little ones...
No hassle/setup on roadside stops
Low beds
Fly screen door
And of course higher counter tops

Cheers,