18' Series Well Well Well !!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Mate, I tend to agree with bigcol and the others about knowing now rather than 2 weeks down the track.
It's no consolation though!
Hit 'em hard with what you expect as a consolation though.
After waiting so long for a van in the first place, Jayco have to take responsibility for what affect their quality issues have on the customer.
Keep us all posted on your progress.

Sorry mate.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
bugger mate better now then later.. it would of been quality checked three times before it left the factory.. Or what we where told in the tour :(
yeah I be asking for freebies or $'s off 6 odd weeks is getting close to Christmas shutdown

Maxisverymad

Jun 23, 2015
Tawonga Vic
Our 14.44-4 (2015) arrived at the dealer with a bubble delamination in the back panel, the dealer put it straight back on the truck and returned it. That was on the Thurs and it was back at dealers the following Thursday for our hand over with a whole new back panel. I was not happy at all it leaving the factory the way it was (even tho we didn't see it) but there was not much we could do about it.
Glad the dealer picked it up and not me at hand over or later!!!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Our 14.44-4 (2015) arrived at the dealer with a bubble delamination in the back panel, the dealer put it straight back on the truck and returned it. That was on the Thurs and it was back at dealers the following Thursday for our hand over with a whole new back panel. I was not happy at all it leaving the factory the way it was (even tho we didn't see it) but there was not much we could do about it.
Glad the dealer picked it up and not me at hand over or later!!!
Hi Max.
Sorry to hear about your problem, but how long ago was that?
Is this a recurring problem? We are expecting our 18' end of November.
Should we be worried?

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Hope the buggers replace the panel and not just dribble some glue in and hope.

It'd be worth asking them how it was repaired. Then reject anything other than a panel replacement.

Goodluck.

Reactions: dagree

Maxisverymad

Jun 23, 2015
Tawonga Vic
Hi Max.
Sorry to hear about your problem, but how long ago was that?
Is this a recurring problem? We are expecting our 18' end of November.
Should we be worried?

Hi aussie,
our pickup was in June and we haven't had any other problem with delamination. The hardest bit to deal with in this process was when the van was returned to the factory , our dealer in Albury could not get a time frame from the factory at all. This was really annoying for us and the dealer, then it just turned up a week later.
I wouldn't be to worried about yours a there is not much you can do but have a bloody good look at it when it arrives. Good luck and enjoy

Reactions: Drover and McKenzie

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can't say on here what I would like but bugger will have to do..............I would be so toey but just have to sit back..........hell.... have to ask for a discount as after all those miles travelled it must surely be 2nd hand........

.. it would of been quality checked three times before it left the factory..

Bahahahaha, good on ya @davemc humour is what is needed here to keep morale up.....

Wazza

Oct 5, 2015
Perth
Bummer, but like most have said better to have found it now rather than later. Also would definitely would go after some extras for being screwed around!>:(

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well thats great news but I would be spewing, unless they gave me a loaner that is.............................and I hope they are throwing in heaps of freebies ????????

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hey all... Just an update..

I'll be getting a new van. Collection date early March 16.

Not fussed about another wait, but anyway....

How's everyone going with their new collections ?
Hi Steve,
Well all I can say is "we're still waiting"!!!
Come on November 17.
Still, got to finish lifting the garage roof though, so, keeping busy!
March 16 will be here soon enough I hope.