Well it had to happen.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Ooooohhhh Impressive!!
This is absolute proof that Brookes builds a solid shed. Give that service station owner brookes contact details. He obviously needs it.

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Geez am I right in saying the hose caught on the bumper?

Yep, sure did!! Passed the car and van but somehow managed to hook the bumper, still don't know how but......as they say, the rest is history. Didn't even feel it as the bowser was in sand. First I knew was when a road worker truck was chasing me!! I thought he was on drugs when he said "you gotta go back, you knocked over a petrol bowser"......yeah right I said!! But.....:pray:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Wow, it shows how easy that could happen, I have never thought about that. It could have been a lot worse too, and it gives a good lesson why not to travel with you fridge running on gas. :boom:

Some servo's have very long hoses too!!

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Jayco had all the bits and I have replaced them but in doing so I forgot what white and brown wires are what? Can someone remind me please? I thought brown was red but I forgot with all the back and forthing in and out of the van with my hands and everything covered in Silkaflex.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I thought brown was positive but not sure. Sounds like you need to get yourself a multimeter.

Yeah I have one but to get the multimeter involved means hooking up the car and it was getting dark (no elect in the shed yet) so I thought I'd throw it out to the team :whistle: Thinking on it this morning and I thought white was +ve. Doesn't matter, as you say out comes the multimeter but I have some lawn mowing (slashing) to do first so that's my day gone.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I was thinking the same as Brad, so if I'm wrong blame him :tongue:

You were both right and I was wrong :wink: but I had to plug the car in to get the colours in the right directions, so all good. Boy the lads at Jayco can be a tad lazy when it comes to the wiring. Apparently, if it doesn't quite fit you jam it in, and I noticed a +ve with multiple attempts to strip it exposing wire above the insulation. I fixed what I could and put a bit of insulation tape over the wire stripping debacle. Bit hard working through the rear indicator with fat hands.

On another note I am unhappy with the way Jayco have just screwed into the fibreglass walls with wood screws. Does anyone know a better way? Are the rivnuts or equivalent for fibreglass? Perhaps those captive nut clip thingo's, but they won't help if just drilling a hole.

PS: Didn't finish the slashing :sad: did finish the van :smile: looks like new.