Well it had to happen.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
What happens when you mix a new shed with a new van (well new for us)? Little bit of bark off both, I think the shed was worse off but I did lose a grab handle, a reflector and the LED bracket. Also, a scrape across the checker plate but you'd not really notice, could have been worse. Phew, now that's out of the way I can get on with things, no more tiptoeing around. I was in a bit of a rush and didn't put the mirrors on and then didn't allow for the rear of the van moving in a larger arc when turning out of the shed. Didn't really need to turn out of the shed as I can just drive around but as I said it's a bit quicker. I'll pop up some pictures when I can but I'm off down the coast. and the dent in the shed isn't going anywhere :(

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Know the feeling Brookes. My first van I managed to scrape a rock wall reversing down in to the yard. Scraped the aluminium side and tore off the bottom fridge vent. Was not popular.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I've taken out two wheelie bins sitting on a corner once. Lucky the scrape buffed out but I had to replace the heater cover.
The wheelie bin on the other hand will never close the same way again.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep think we've all done something sometime somewhere and if you haven't ,you will.

My Eagle camper, I hooked the front corner on a boom gate key pad at a CP minimal damage

My Swan Camper got side swiped by a semi with oversize load (house frame) on the way home through Kangaroo Valley on delivery day, didn't have UHF at the time. didn't even feel or hear it, but knew it was close all i remember was the trailer wheels bouncing past my drivers window, he had cut the corner on the hairpin more than he should have, how close! well pics tell the story, another inch and we, well the camper would have been history.

100_1930.JPG 100_1931.JPG

As for the Panda, well yep I hooked it on another boom gate key and bent the water heater cover, sounds silly / careless, yes, but easly done.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I tried backing my new van up the side way, got veery close to the gate post. Gate post was cut down, needed to be wider anyway!

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I've joined this club too..

My old Galaxy van had the awning destroyed by the side of my shed on the way out one day, I wasn't to blame at all.............honest!!!

$2.5K later (insurance job............thankfully!!), all was good again.
Sold that van not long after to buy the Expanda.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
So brookes... The moral to this story is when you stuff up to tell the forum members. They in turn will divulge their own stuff ups and you won't feel so bad any more.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
So brookes... The moral to this story is when you stuff up to tell the forum members. They in turn will divulge their own stuff ups and you won't feel so bad any more.

Perhaps, but nothing fixed that hollow feeling when one removed the luste of two new shiney things. Anyhow, I think the light and reflector are std Narva so I might be best to try and not get those from the dealer, but does anyone know about the handle? I'll go to the dealer if I have to but I think they tend to throw 30% on top. Also, I was thing of filling the screw holes before re-using them as most of them still had screws in them but I'm not sure what to fill them with. I have used steel putty before but that may be overkill here and I will follow the Jayco appraoch of silicon the bejeesus out of everything.

OK some pictures:

2012-10-28 16.59.36.jpg2012-10-28 16.58.37.jpg2012-10-28 16.58.23.jpg2012-10-28 17.00.09.jpg2012-10-28 17.00.20.jpg2012-10-28 17.00.30.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
And were supposed to feel sorry for the guy with the big new shed??????? yeah i do its Karma otherwise. tough luck Brookes best thing is fix it quick and try move on.

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi Brookes,

Sorry to hear your news. Its so easy to do. You have to remember that it could of been so much worse. At least the shed is still standing. Wish I had a shed like yours, then again I live in suburba and I dont have the space. Oh well.

The damage looks quite fixable.

Cheers

Luis

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
It all happens so quickly, I remember backing my van in and scraping the drivers side when it was oh about 3 months old.
Somehow it feels a little better knowing others have done it and I sure as hell am a lot more careful these days.
Sorry to hear Brookes but welcome to the club.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
we all give a little kiss to things we dont want with our vans.... i seem to do the front panel or bull bar of the patrol.... too busy looking backwards to remember the letterbox at the front!!!

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Sorry guys but you are all amateurs......this is what my van did recently on my Izzwalds family trip around Oz. Some of you may have seen it if you pulled in for petrol. Bloody van bumper bar!! Jayco design flaw. Oohh well, accidents happen. Very embarrassing......

DSCF1402 (640x480).jpg IMG_0325 (640x480).jpg IMG_0326.JPG