Just Browsing Weights car and van

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I know I've seen a diagram showing relationship between GVM etc etc and towball weights but, having done a search, I can't find it.

I need to double check some things here so would be grateful if someone who can remember it could post the link.

There was a graphic of a car and of a van with weight relationship clearly depicted.....and it was relatively recent.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
How about this
GVM.png

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks a lot!

I knew I'd seen it but couldn't locate it!

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
the other weight to watch is GCW which is easy to exceed when you load up the tow vehicle with van at max weight.

Reactions: Drover

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
That's the one I need to double check.

We're reluctantly adding a lightweight roof tray ...14kilos....and it prompted me to redo all the calculations as its a while since I checked the total.

We have all the weights for add ons to vehicle...tow bar, roof racks, bull bar etc and will check weight for all the stuff we pack in before we depart in a couple of weeks...recovery gear, tools, extra water, crates with contents etc etc.

Also have most of the weights for add ons to van...Weber crate, hoses, stone guard, shade stuff, ladder, chairs, food, wine clothes etc

But we want to be absolutely sure and pack stuff properly.....it worked well before with a little care. With the roof tray we should have a bit more flexibility.

We're well within limits I think, but I'm being pedantic.

Reactions: FiveInAVan