16' Series Water pump hosing

Nathe

Mar 22, 2020
Mandurah
Gday everyone
Sorry if this has been covered 1000 times
I’m installing a seaflo pump to my expanda and I’m having trouble with the hose choice. I purchased the rigid blue hose from the rv Centre , the id is 9mm where the manual states minimum of 13mm for the intake hose.
I thought about buying a roll of 12mm drinking water hose and running the intake and outlet hoses with that. Another cheaper alternative would be 13mm poly from bunnings.
Any feedback would be appreciated
Cheers
Nathan

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
From my water tanks to pump I have just fitted the normal drinking water hose you buy at Bunnings, joiners/bends are the garden irrigation bits by Pope usually, water that gets main pressure thru it is the blue/black/red stuff with John Guest fittings........ doesn't matter what colour the main water lines are they are only coloured for identification all guest fittings are good for 150 psi.

Tank fill pipes are the 45 or 50mm clear plastic hose, whatever size the fittings are really and again just used the Pope garden irrigation fittings, normally around the 50c each, also use their plastic taps for the tanks, seal well and about $8 for 2........

When using the Guest fittings on your main lines make sure you don't cut the pipe too short and push the fitting onto the pipe then give it a pull to lock it in place, pipe ends must be cut straight and no dags, pipes cut short can cause the fitting to undo/pull as they expand and contract just like the household plumbing..............

Reactions: Disco Duck