Here are some better pictures without the mattress on.
Might end up doing the whole lounge as well in the alloy frame it's not in very good shape the frame is hardly bolted together.
The bits sticking out to left at the back are for the wall between the toilet / bed.
I need some more alloy for that which I'll get this week but plan is to simply run two lengths from the floor straight up to bottom of the to cupboards and secure it. From there Ill sheet each side of the wall in 3mm gloss ply.
Corner were toilet will doesn't look like much but it's wider than what was in the discovery.
We used it to make a frame in the back of the car for travelling. It gave us two side bins, a shelf and space for the crates and stacker drawers. All we had to do was tuck in the crates and then load chairs and table and tie them down.
OK well it was a hectic month with family so didn't get to post to often.
Short answer did we make it to the meet @ the pound with the mighty viscount in tow? YES!!!!
Long answer now though, we had to skip a few things as perfection takes time and I'm not a skilled cabinet maker by any stretch lol.
I'll list a couple of issues -
1) Getting a long straight cut on 3mm ply can be a pain. I found the best way was not a table saw but just the circular saw with a track but make sure you use a clean surface or the gloss scratches easy. Had to clean the table after every cut. And the saw I had the guide on it snapped in two towards the end!
2) PVC Joiners / edging are a pita to cut and connect with any degree of decorum! I gave up in the end and will redo most of them after I find good way to mitre them. I have alot of off cuts to play with but I am still looking for the right tool. I am looking at a pvc tile joiner cutter and it has a mitre box setting built into it. Looks like big set of scissors.
So we're I ended up was that we screwed vs glued the panels onto the qubelok frames. Bolted everything together and chucked in a porta potty from Aldi and we were in business.
As a bit of a side story I did not glue the panels down for a reason firstly because I want to redo some cuts and now I have a good method after trial and error I should get some straight cuts but secondly and most importantly it's because I want to be able to remove the panels at a later date so we can remove the pre assembled furniture from the van so we can reline the walls of the caravan internally.
Also as I want to be able to use the van between reno stages building the furniture as modules of all which can be removed allows me to remove and add furniture in a day all pre fabbed from qubelok so out of use time is minimised as much as possible.
Plus once we have done all of the furniture that's left to do we can pull it all out in one go just some bolts and resheet the walls in a weekend and then place the furniture back in and lay a single sheet of vinyl floor.
So currently bed is done, lounge is done and toilet is in progress.
Next is to do bottom bunk, kitchen and cabinet then all furniture is done so I can reline walls and build the shower.
Here are some pics of the bed and bathroom.
This is the lounge I am going to cover the wheel in vinyl when we lay the new floor and install a tri fold table.
The bed obviously forms the other half of the lounge and is equal in height to the lounge.
The major reason I didn't plumb a toilet yet Is I am going to push ahead and make it a full shower / toilet more to come on that.
So in my little spare time I am fabricating a few things but it's coming along really well.