Using Awning

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We have our new Tebbs awning, still yet to use it and I know I have to wet it etc , will do that soon when time permits. A couple questions for a newbie to having an annexe.
1. How to you attach the bottom of the annexe to the ground if you arrive on a site and it has a large concrete pad.
2. Is there a time when the wind gets to a certain level that you have to pull it down. eg if the forecast says 50km winds gusting to 70km?? or if you have it tied down well all should be OK?

Cheers Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
What cracka said is about all you can do mate, I've use occy straps before. As far as winds go, I've put walls up to block it, a bit harder on slabs but if pegged down it should withstand some strong wind......the wind is just a pita...I hate it! If your a bit worried you may be able to park your 4b close to help block wind but I've never had to pack it away because of wind (yet). :)

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I`ve had my annexe up in some very strong wind and all went ok. I think having an annexe up over an awning is better when it's all pegged down, also having the awning legs out and also pegged down.

I'd probably be concerned just having the awning out as wind can come through and gust underneath it, but the annexe set up definitely is a lot stronger.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I think the walls help block out the wind too. On the concrete slab it is a pita but Cracka is on the money, also rope and peg down from the awning barrel in strong wind.

Reactions: crackacoldie

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
"MOST" Slabs in parks are desiged to be the width of the awning/annex. so as long as you line the van up well with the edge of the slab pegging the long wall down usually not to much of a problem, The end walls can be another story, I only have shade walls but can be laced together to form a full encloser so using rope/bungee cord along the bottom eyelet helps, have also used a spreader bar across the slab and pegged each end.