17' Series Twin Axle 17.56-1

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Greetings all,

We have just ordered a new 17.56-1, and looking at brochures etc trying to work out which models and why it is now a twin axle. Reading older entries there no problems with the single axles, anyone know why ?

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
I spoke to Jayco and they said 'it was because owners want them'. He said that they didn't need the twin, but as potential owners were of the opinion a 17 foot van should have a twin axle, so they gave them what they wanted ! Fair enough.

I should add we ordered our van on Monday which is due to arrive in November. We are all excited and now have to sell our 04 Swan in the interim.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Are you able to say which dealer?

We ordered Mid-June for a Mid-November arrival so won't help us, but might be of use to others!

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
We ordered it from Page Bros in Seaford, VIC. Proud father of two daughters aged 6 & 7 and little man who is about to be 2. We bought our Swan about 12 months back, it was the wife's first sortee into camping (when I first met her, she was 5star or bust ). We have been away 3 times so far, most recently spent 5 night in Bright last week and was all a little too cramped, we had too little storage, cold weather gear / snow gear etc. Little things like you couldn't walk past each other in the Swan, no table set up when kids woke up whilst we were trying to enjoy a lie in etc. Also with full annex / awning it all took too long to pack up. The lady is really getting into the camping thing so we needed something better suited to a quick getaway and set-up. So we got back on Sunday and went looking on Monday. Visited Jayco Bayswater where we got our Swan from and then onto Page Bros. The help and friendliness we got from them was great, their base price was good, and we got a very great deal on a lot of extras. We have subsequently spoken to them about things like warranty, and their comment, you don't need the warranty. If something is not right the customer phones up expecting a fight, we just say bring it in and we will fix, free of charge. You cannot put a price on good relationships and service ! As a major dealer they have orders already on the production line, hence we can get ours in approx 10 weeks. Now have 3 very excited girls and a very poor Dad !! Well worth it though. Could not work out how to do the thread at bottom, we have a 2008 Kluger 2WD KX-S.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Go to the top right of the screen and select "Settings".

Next in the "My Settings" box, select "Edit Signature".

You have a similar story to me, although our kids are 12 (boy) and 14 (girl - thinks she's 22). Wife OK at camping but not into roughing it too much. Presently have an Eagle and going to a 17.56-2. Traded the Eagle as part of the deal so we still have it until changeover day.

Optioned:
150 ltr fridge,
Drop down jacks,
Battery,
Awning, annex walls & roof rafter,
Gas bayonet front and back,
Extra double power point under each dinette,
Heron aircon,
Black privacy screens.

We have had good service at Bayswater - from what I see & hear Jayco are pretty particular about their dealers and their conduct - probably why they have done so well.

Well done on the van too!

Off to Daylesford in the Eagle for the weekend.

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
The dual axle was a "demand" thing. But you do get a bit more space on the inside!! I had a hard time choosing between the 16.49 and the 17.56 but decided on the 16.49. Personal preference!!! Good luck with the van, my delivery is end November!! Lond wait and hopefully worth it!!:pound:

GLX-R

Mar 9, 2011
Kyneton, Vic
Off to Daylesford in the Eagle for the weekend.

Have you tried Mt Franklin?? Just north of Daylesford, (where the forest ends) on the way to Castlemaine. The camping site is in the crater of an old volcano, is treed & has fireplaces & long drop loos. Not much to do there but is a nice peaceful spot to just chill-ax :)

Stew