16' Series Trainshrek

stephen

Aug 29, 2012
Eltham Vic
hello all,
This is my first time in the forum we have recently purchased a 16.49.1 towed by a Disco 3 tdv6 had our first trip away to Whitfield in the King Valley up the Hume to Glenrowan then home over to Mansfield etc every thing was fantastic except the under slung spare tire carriers scraps not every time but enough to be annoying .

My thoughts are that I could cut the existing carrier and raise it up to the bottom of the chassis frame but this would mean I have to move the tire forward
Any help or thoughts on this would be very greatly appreciated

Regards
Steve

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome Stephen. You are among friends here. Raising the spare in the A frame would be difficult especially as you say it will have to be moved forward. There have been a number of ideas from members such as a rear mount on a heavier bar or under sling the spare behind the axle with a wind down setup as used in utes. Have a look at this link,

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/sho...ould-be-Better

stephen

Aug 29, 2012
Eltham Vic
Thanks for your warm welcome all sorted regarding the spare tire issue and speed humps around Eltham Vic spoke with Jayco and its OK to cut the cradle away I was concerned that wiring might run from one side to the other , I can lift the tyre and move it forward and this won't impact on the ball weight
So all's good and thanks for the advise

Cheers
Steve