Towing Mirrors....thoughts

what is your rig

• Total voters

GCMASOS

Nov 10, 2013
I have been in contact with a manufacturer to make an alternative to Clearview mirrors.

Bolt onto your current mount but with a bigger mirror and body and still use the your mirror controls. Probably looking at around half or less than the Clearview price.

I know how much I hate strapping on those temporary mirrors when we go away.

This is probably the best place to get the interest. ...just wondering if there is any....

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel Peterson

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Honestly I'm happy with my clamp on mirrors (Milenco Aero) Unless I was a full time nomad I don't think I would consider a Clearview style mirror.

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
@GCMASOS. i migth be missing something here, are you looking at group by of some clearview style mirrors, from an alternte source?

If this is the case, i might be interested. Now i have the new rig i want a set of towing mirrors. Like the idea of the clearview but they are expensive and large. Also not a fan of strap ons... So dependant on look and price i guess.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Already spent the money on the clearviews. They do not have auto fold back and on the Pathfinder do not have the "puddle lights". If you were to design an alternative I would suggest that you look at auto fold as a feature or option even if the original car does not have it. Also design it so that the fold can be controlled manually (espesially when returning to the driving position). Would be "really fun" to have someone park really close and then have the mirror break off when you start the car and the mirrors fold out. Might even be appropriate to have then controlled seperately so you can use atleast one.

My 2c worth

GCMASOS

Nov 10, 2013
Already spent the money on the clearviews. They do not have auto fold back and on the Pathfinder do not have the "puddle lights". If you were to design an alternative I would suggest that you look at auto fold as a feature or option even if the original car does not have it. Also design it so that the fold can be controlled manually (espesially when returning to the driving position). Would be "really fun" to have someone park really close and then have the mirror break off when you start the car and the mirrors fold out. Might even be appropriate to have then controlled seperately so you can use atleast one.

My 2c worth
That was exactly what I was thinking. .

Reactions: Daniel Peterson

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
That's the style I call "Smack" mirrors. Coz every time a truck goes past, they smack back in. Glad you like them though. I really liked the concept, just not the result.