Tourer to tug

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Well with the impending arrival of the new van a few items needed to be added to my D40. I have had a bit added over the years with my tourers main duties being running myself out to the mine site and back. I had already fitted HD Efs suspension, snorkel, bullbar, bash plates, Hid spotties, pioneer head unit, egr blanking plate, beaudesert exhaust system and recently a tunit chip. First thing I needed to add which I had been meaning too since day dot was a dual battery setup. Anyone who has or knows about the D40 there is bugger all room under the bonnet to add a decent size second battery, so where to put it? Well after some good ideas at a navara forum here is the best spot image.jpg

So the idea is to build a box out of marine ply big enough to hold the 125 amp hr Agm battery and a ctek 250 dual dc to dc charger and a bit extra for other stuff. I am no way a carpenter, give me steel anyday to work with but weight wise and ease of fitment the ply was the way to goimage.jpg

So to hide my dodgy carpenter skills my lovely wife @Ren1977 did the marine carpet to make it look a little bit professional. Added a baintech cluster and waaalaaaa it actually looks ok and best of all works a charm

image.jpg

Next up the electric brakes, which hopefully gets installed tomorrow as long as Australia post delivers it by tomorrow morning. Then if that goes to plan when I get it back I will run the reverse camera to my head unit to make the hitching up less of a headache.

Cheers
Navmatt

Last edited:

D4Dazz

Dec 31, 2011
Rowville, VIC
Hi Navmat,

I was wondering what Pioneer head unit you have in the Nav. I in the market at the moment and ate torn between the Pioneer and Alpine. I'm afteone that has Navigation, reverse camera, blue tooth all intergrated.

Got any pics?

Cheers
Dazz

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
I've got the pioneer AVH 2450BT, it has bluetooth,reverse camera inputs, DVD, USB etc. I didn't get the navigation as I think it was something like another 500 or something and I already had a tomtom so I couldn't be bothered. I fitted it myself in around 15 mins, bolted straight into the nav an picked up a wiring loom from eBay that plugged straight into to back of the unit an into the existing loom. I have had it for a couple years now and very happy with it.image.jpg