16' Series Toolbox Draw Bar

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
New Expanda 16.49-4 with extended draw bar

First mod Im investigating is a toolbox for the drawbar. Looking for maximum volume relative to the drawbar. At moment, the van has all the gas fittings and 2 bottles which back up onto the front of the van.

I am not mechanically minded, so Im really interested in any advice on service providers to supply and fit toolbox in the Perth area.

Really appreciate everyone's assistance.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Hi

Google Expanda Hire at Tana Merah in Brisbane. The guy advertises on Gum Tree for his hire business, but you will see a photo of his van, which has a great box on the front. Has the bottle holders built into the sides.

I'm sure plenty of places would be able to knock these up, but maybe contact him and ask where he got his done.

Cheers, Steve

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@David Spencer Depending where you are located in Perth I'd be happy to help fit a box if you buy one. The only issue being is that seeing you have a new van any mods to the gas system, or anything else, maybe required to be done by a registered Jayco dealer otherwise warranty may be compromised!

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
this is the box that i have on the front of mine. 110 ltr fridge with seperate freezer on one side with slideout, interal filters and cooling fans. the service side is store for generator, fuel, bbq and other odds and ends. the centre compartment holds dual gas bottels, hoses and all the power leads.
fridge open.jpg
fridge closed.jpg
custom box service side.jpg

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
power is supplied by a cable exiting the bottom of the box. this runs directly to the battery via its own fuse. this runs the fridge, lighting and cooling vent fans inside the box. the box is screwed to the plates that the gas bottle holders were mounted to by the factory. the box is exactly the same width as the van its self to make the most of the storage, and 3 inches lower than the bed that folds out over the top of it. the draw bar is extended, however it was also mounted on my previous van with a standard drawbar, and yes it did miss the car on hard turn circles.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
power is supplied by a cable exiting the bottom of the box. this runs directly to the battery via its own fuse. this runs the fridge, lighting and cooling vent fans inside the box. the box is screwed to the plates that the gas bottle holders were mounted to by the factory. the box is exactly the same width as the van its self to make the most of the storage, and 3 inches lower than the bed that folds out over the top of it. the draw bar is extended, however it was also mounted on my previous van with a standard drawbar, and yes it did miss the car on hard turn circles.
When you say battery, do you mean the van one? (Ours was put under the club lounge by the fridge, so isn't an option. )

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Gadgets, that toolbox is absolutely made. You are one serious traveller. Love the clip ons on the underside of the bed. Will have to see if this works with the new expanda.