Electrical Thetford N3185 appears dead

tabbo

Sep 11, 2023
Brisbane
Hi, We just picked up a second hand Basestation (2016 model) that has the Thetford N3185 fridge in it. The van is plugged into mains power but the fridge doesn't turn on. I've held the button for ages and nothing lights up. I checked the power point and I can charge a mobile phone from the socket so that seams to be working. Hubby checked the fuse at the back of the fridge and it seems fine. Is there anything we're missing that we are supposed to do to get it working. thanks

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Just a stab in the dark. I think that fridge is a three way model? Is it set for 240 or is it supposed to auto select available power sources. The click click is the fridge looking for sufficient gas .if the gas has not been run for some time they do go out .run your gas stove if it stays alight the fridge should stay alight.as you probably know once the fridge lights there will be no noise and cooling will take some time to be evident best of luck

Reactions: Boots in Action

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
went a bit off track there but there is some good info on older posts about this fridge, i added some of those points to your initial question ,one other point i read is that you also have to have 12v turned on, if it is an auto select model otherwise the interface wont work??

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
AS @poor but proud mentioned about 12v, the fridge needs to have a 12v supply to operate the control circuit, this power comes from the van battery so 12v needs to be turned on in the van for it to operate on any of the 3 sources, 240/12v/LPG ............... This is not for 12v fridge operation, that is supplied from your tug as the van battery cannot be used to run the fridge it just runs the control circuit.
.If you haven't got a manual for the fridge you can download one with this link; https://support.greenrv.com.au/user-manual-thetford-n3185-fridge-aus-2016