16' Series The wait is excruciating!

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi everyone, we have been stalking you all for quite a few weeks now and decided we should join in. We are Steve and Sharon and after almost 10 years of camping with our kids in our trailer tent, we have bitten the bullet and ordered our very first caravan, an Outback Expanda Sport. Delivery date is still set in jelly and is a wobbly early September. This makes our camping over winter (which we do lots of) EXCRUCIATING! :) We have loved our camper but with kids getting older and becoming independent we don't need the space of the tent for stretchers, bags etc. and wife can't wait for a kitchen that is on the inside! We have already got heaps of ideas and help from you all, hope we are able to contribute something useful too. Cheers.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Great stuff Wanda welcome aboard what extras are you getting?
Haven't signed off on our final plans yet, but so far we have added the 150lt fridge, an extra gas bottle, external table, privacy screens (but going to order the canvas bed end from Holiday Annexes), 150w solar panel, battery and we also got the promo Lifestyle pack included, TV, stereo, external speakers and antenna. What a step up from the Cavalier camper!

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Welcome Wanda. You are going to love how quick it will take to get the expanda set up and put away compared to the camper trailer.
Hi Brad, that was another BIG reason we decided to change to a van, we often camp with a group and by the time we have packed the camper we are just about always the last ones to leave.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Brad, that was another BIG reason we decided to change to a van, we often camp with a group and by the time we have packed the camper we are just about always the last ones to leave.
Yeah... And I used to have someone from another van who had finished their packing come over and offer to help me pack when I had my camper....always feeling guilty I was holding the others up. Oh well... Not long before all that's over with. :thumb:

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Yeah... And I used to have someone from another van who had finished their packing come over and offer to help me pack when I had my camper....always feeling guilty I was holding the others up. Oh well... Not long before all that's over with. :thumb:
We should be so lucky, our lot toot, laugh and wave at us as they drive off down the road :) But not for too much longer!!!

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi Wanda

Congrats on your purchase as they are a great layout!

Be sure to check with your dealer about the towball weight as it is astronomical.
Hi Hamish22, thanks for the welcome and the tip. The tow-ball and towing weight was one of the first things we checked out when we considered buying a van. Our tow vehicle is a 2012 Triton diesel 4x4 GLX-R twin cab ute. It is my daily drive and has certainly been a bit of a learning curve for me (our previous car was a tad shorter, a Nissan X-Trail). Husband gets quite jealous that I get to drive it more than him. :p

Reactions: benandjordansmum

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Welcome Steve and Sharon, great to see some more SA people on here! We swapped into the Expanda in January from a Camper Trailer and love it, so much easier and quicker.

Look forward to reading about your adventures when the new toy arrives.

Cheers Cracka

Reactions: Wanda

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Yes, already been buying goodies for it, Crustt's window covers, water filters, a day at the caravan and camping show the other week, what fun! Driving my poor husband mad because I'm always logging in and checking out what the latest postings are. "Look Dear, we could do this", "Oooo look at that, I like that idea :blah:". Poor Bugger!:biggrin1:

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome @Wanda, I came from a trusty Cavalier Camper too, throw a Hawk in between though. You did he right thing going past the Jayco camper into the expanda in my opinion. We wished we did it sooner.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi Guys welcome to the site. I saw in one of your post you are ordering bed ends from holiday annex's if that's the case I would not bother with the privacy screens as there will be no need for them.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi Guys welcome to the site. I saw in one of your post you are ordering bed ends from holiday annex's if that's the case I would not bother with the privacy screens as there will be no need for them.
Too late :(. I'm hoping we will still get some use out of the privacy screen, maybe if we're somewhere hot and we want privacy and a breeze but I'm sure we will get lots of use out of the Holiday Annex end. We do stacks of free camping in winter and I'm hoping for insulation from it too, not just wet weather protection. On a brighter note because it's the 'Sport' at least we only have 1 bed end to worry about :smile:.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
I have both but after fitting the bed ends there will be no need for the other screens the windows in the bed ends and the fact that they do not attach to the bed base part of the Panda allows plenty of air flow. In The summer the bed ends will then keep the sun off or that's what I'm hoping. Anyway if you are committed in the price of the Panda there's no point worrying about it. I was just trying to save some coin so you could spend it elsewhere.