Just Browsing The phone call you don't want

Mrjoel86

Aug 5, 2015
Sydney
well I got the phone call of death this morning. My caravan that was waiting to be picked up from the dealer on next Tuesday got stolen over night. They said it's only happens 1 other time in 9 years, I guess some one wanted the 17.58-3 ob more then me..

halbster

May 13, 2014
Wow from Jayco Sydney I assume. That sucks, hopefully they can fast track another build.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
What a bummer!

I wonder what security the Jayco dealership had. Presumably behind a fence with a locked gate so assume there wasn't a hitch lock etc etc on it.

At least they'll have all the vin numbers so it can be identified if it's located and I guess they'll be watching gumtree and similar to try to catch the thieves.

As you said, they have good taste but hope their bank balance doesn't inflate like their egos.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Pretty amazing that it would be stolen from a dealer. You would think there would be easier targets out there. Inside job? Hope time till you get a replacement goes quickly

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Yeh we were devastated but jayco have been good and offered us a van for then mean time until a replacement comes
Sounds like a Loooong road trip coming up to make good use of it. Is it worth pressing your luck and asking for a few freebie's to be fitted or supplied with the new one?