16' Series Sun Shade Query

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Pick up my 16.49-4 (Carvanland WA) tomorrow and want to get sun shade walls for the awning. What suggestions can members provide.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We have the Sunbuster brand long and end wall screens.... Bit expensive compared to others but find them good in wet or windy weather!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I have a couple of Aussie Traveller side and end, then brought a pair of I assume home made ends with sail track.. Got both second hand.

Found in Queensland that having the side one of the awning bar left a giant hole for the rain to come in :) We have a Anti Flap Kit hence got the ones with the sail track.
If your getting a new van.. See what they can do.. like cheap :)

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We bought the sunbuster sides and end walls and added 4 poles and the usual ropes and pegs and the anti flap kit to match.

It's a bit of a pain to put up the side walls with the afk but well worth it for wind and rain protection. Had the same setup for the swan and were super impressed with quality and waterproofing; also easier to carry and more flexible than a full annex.

Have since bought the coast to coast side walls for a quicker setup and they're nowhere near the quality, fit and usefulness of the sunbuster which were custom made for our van.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
We bought the coast to coast side and one end at the caravan and camping show this year. Found they were quick and easy to put up, provided privacy and security, and stopped a lot of the wind. Really happy with them. Used them twice. (Coral bay and then at ledge point). (Had the full annex with our swan and used it twice in the 5 years we had it. Great idea, but heavy and took longer to put up.)

Hope all goes well for today.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
so what goodies did you get????
they usually give you something to remember the experience by

we were given a voucher for the Toy Shop - and got both ends and the long wall shade's - coast to coast I think they are

not too bad, use them most times

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Got the same as you Bigcol Coast to Coast both ends and long walls for different options. Rang Came before going to Caravanland, their brand was cheaper but I was caught in the moment and bought from Toy Shop. Got the Adco van cover, a $60 step which I think I will take back cause its pretty heavy. What did I get.... nothing 2nd new van I have bought from there but generally I was happy with the sale price.

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Yep Coast to Coast for us too, they do a good job of keeping the rain to a minimum as well as offering shade and slowing down the wind. We have a long wall that goes into the awning barrel and one short wall that goes into the ant flap kit and can be used at either end.

Couldn't justify the expense of the Sun busters for the amount of times they get used. We have a full annex that came with the Expanda when we brought it but I doubt it will ever be set up.
20150322_095759.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Private message replied to @formyfamily .....

The anti-flap kit was supplied by Australiawide with the annex walls along with 2 curved roof bars. We used the clamp on/strap type anti-flap straps on our last van but they tended to stretch the awning roof when used!

The anti-flap kit supplied is the Aussie Traveller brand.

Any other queries just call out!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I seen a van with i think that annex away at xmas ... disappointed id not seen it before we bought the van. The 2 large wall flaps were open including the screens, very impressive and functional

Yep very happy with ours...... I like the way you can just put up half annex long wall if needed :)
Wish I was on commission as a few over this way have said they were getting the same after seeing ours!!!!!!