Exterior Sullage pipe

Seanm5253

Dec 21, 2014
Hillarys Perth
Hi Guys
This sullage pipe fitting that seems to be popular, is it a Jayco pipe fitting ???
Anyone know where I could purchase one?
Cheers
Sean

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 291

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Ours came with the van, I think it's standard with a van with a toilet / shower. We found it a pig to connect. We are in the process of making a work around.

Seanm5253

Dec 21, 2014
Hillarys Perth
Mine got this set up which is easy to fit (camlock)
but when emptying the kitchen sink we have to put plug in shower to stop the water coming up and flooding the shower

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 380

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi Guys
This sullage pipe fitting that seems to be popular, is it a Jayco pipe fitting ???
Anyone know where I could purchase one?
Cheers
Sean
u can make one but get rid of those pvc pipes if u search on here u will find pics of other ideas I have posted some and have a 35mm inside diameter pipe to make water flow out quickly no back up shower acts as a breather get ur water out quick and u will have no probs can post more pics if u need

Reactions: skippy

Seanm5253

Dec 21, 2014
Hillarys Perth
u can make one but get rid of those pvc pipes if u search on here u will find pics of other ideas I have posted some and have a 35mm inside diameter pipe to make water flow out quickly no back up shower acts as a breather get ur water out quick and u will have no probs can post more pics if u need
Hi Bluey
Pics would be great if you get the chance
Thanks

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@Seanm5253 . What I found works the best, even after renewing my drains, is to let the van drain into a bucket and have the hose come off the side of the bucket about 6 inches off the bottom. Just one of those 10 to 20 litre white plastic buckets that are used for paints etc. They are available from bunnings with a lid. I do plan to put a mesh filter in it something like a colander, just to stop bits of plastic and paper. So I run a short bit of hose thru the lid, I also have an over flow hole cut in the lid just in case the main drain blocks which can happen at some parks. I whipped one after 2 days into our last trip and it made a massive difference. Others here have done similar. Your drain has a camlock fitting which others have also done. It is probably better than the Jayco one. If you decide to stick with the camlock fitting, then you would need one for the outlet of the bucket. Just a thought, but that's what I have done.

Seanm5253

Dec 21, 2014
Hillarys Perth
@Seanm5253 . What I found works the best, even after renewing my drains, is to let the van drain into a bucket and have the hose come off the side of the bucket about 6 inches off the bottom. Just one of those 10 to 20 litre white plastic buckets that are used for paints etc. They are available from bunnings with a lid. I do plan to put a mesh filter in it something like a colander, just to stop bits of plastic and paper. So I run a short bit of hose thru the lid, I also have an over flow hole cut in the lid just in case the main drain blocks which can happen at some parks. I whipped one after 2 days into our last trip and it made a massive difference. Others here have done similar. Your drain has a camlock fitting which others have also done. It is probably better than the Jayco one. If you decide to stick with the camlock fitting, then you would need one for the outlet of the bucket. Just a thought, but that's what I have done.
Thanks for the tip
Think I'll try the bucket on our next trip too

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you have a look at my thread I have pics of the grey water tank I made, it is cleanable and there is no need for flow restricting S bends , it will also stop any backflush and as an added bonus when at those places where the drain is up hill it will allow drainage to operate and not back up into the shower and if you forget to turn the tap it will end up flowing out the breather before into the shower. (fully tested)
By taking the end cap off you can hose out the tank of the yucky goobers that dwell in there. A $8 10m drainage hose from Bunnings leads away from the van and a tap is fitted for those self contained places and stops the dust.

But if you want to keep the standard type drain just go to a hardware and buy the bits, cheaper than a Jayco shop.