17' Series Stuff I love in my van, not mods just useful stuff!

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Can you guys help me we are getting a new 17.56.1OB with the split mattress. Can you please tell me what size sheets you use? Also for those of you who have put overlays on your mattresses what size did you buy?

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
That's what I need to buy is sheets and topper. Hubby wants to use the sleeping bags in zipped to use as a blanket. Do u guys use a doona or comforter?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We got a summer doona and cover from jayco. So we take a spare winter doona as well and blanket. We use topper and lambskin on ours and mattress protector on all. Big kids sleeping bags where twins take fireman sam doona from home.
Pillow we brought extra leave in van as well

Reactions: michelle menzel

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I sewed 2 flat sheets together on 3 sides to form a bag for the memory foam topper, that is our sheet so l dont have to make the bed all the time, just take it off and wash it...
great idea might do it as the double which you cannot access three sides is a right pain. We actually moved it off the frame to put the topper,sheepskin and protector on.

Reactions: michelle menzel

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I'm just laughing at the fact that in S/E QLD you need a heater

Gavin
What's funny about that?
I'm in Darwin and we have a heater under the water bed and solar heating for the spa.

Southerners, you have no appreciation of how tough it is in the tropics. Refilled the spa recently after draining it for the cool Dry Season and regrouting the tiles. Even with all day running of the solar heating system it still won't get up past 29 DegC. Has to be at least 32 before we'll get in it. Might have to upgrade to a gas or diesel heating system for it.

Reactions: Susan and Bluey