17' Series Store away room

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Hi all, I've searched the forum and can't find anything on this topic, so forgive me if there's already a thread that i can't find.

Has anyone got the Storeaway Room. http://www.prestigejayco.com.au/prestige-premium-annexe-range-1/storeaway-room

I was thinking of getting one for when we go for long stays somewhere, particularly over Christmas.

Are they easy to setup? Are they quite sturdy like the full annexe? Basically are they a good thing? Any comments would be appreciated.

Reactions: Bluey

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Some companies might call them "add a rooms". Do you mean the canvas room on the end of an annexe? Alpine and Tebbs do them. We thought about one but thought we would not use it enough. I think they are a good thing. A benefit would be its part of your annexe so a park cant charge you anymore. If you put up a tent on your caravan site next to your annexe, I have heard some parks will charge extra.

Reactions: mooks

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Hi Mooks we've had them on our last 3 vans. It's basically all one piece that zips onto the end wall and has an internal pole frame for support. It's a one person job to set up. It's great for longer stays, we store the bikes and beach gear in there.

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Hi Mooks we've had them on our last 3 vans. It's basically all one piece that zips onto the end wall and has an internal pole frame for support. It's a one person job to set up. It's great for longer stays, we store the bikes and beach gear in there.

That's awesome JaycoQ, that's all I wanted to know. I'm gonna order one for sure. Get sick of tripping over bikes, boogey boards, fishing gear and cartons of beer in the annexe.

Reactions: JaycoQ

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Some companies might call them "add a rooms". Do you mean the canvas room on the end of an annexe? Alpine and Tebbs do them. We thought about one but thought we would not use it enough. I think they are a good thing. A benefit would be its part of your annexe so a park cant charge you anymore. If you put up a tent on your caravan site next to your annexe, I have heard some parks will charge extra.
Yes @macca , that's exactly what I'm talking about. I probably won't use it that often either but for me I still think it will be worth the investment to free up the space in the annexe for the longer stays. That's a good point you make about being part of the van and not a standalone tent also. Thanks.

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
We have one as well @mooks ... like the others, we set it up for longer stays with the fridges in there and an external kitchen set up along with all the bits that you trip over in the annex! We actually had a wall made up for the other end of the annex as well so that we can choose which end to add the room to.

Reactions: macca

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Its a good point @jacbaz makes because when we stay at Tuross Heads the back of our van has the water view, so that's the end we would have open. It would be good to be able to choose ends.

Reactions: jacbaz

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
We also had one of these on our annexe with our swan. Loved it!!! We used it for longer stays and actually put up the camping cupboards in there and had all our clothes, towels and kids toy buckets. It was a running joke that it's our "walk in wardrobe". Haha.
Made heaps of extra room in the main part of the annexe.

We have sold our swan as we pick up our new 17.56.2 next month and we will be ordering the "walk in wardrobe" when we purchase our annexe.

Definately a great investment.

Reactions: mooks and dagree

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @Hoffy really appreciate comments from those who have had experience with the product. I'm definitely getting one now.

Hey @jacbaz what do you mean you had a wall made up to enable you to put the extra room at either end. Do you mean you just had a door put in the rear wall? Or is there something else to it?

My annex already has a door at the front wall, I assumed I would just need to get a door put in my existing rear wall to gain access to the additional room.

Am I right? I have never seen one of these rooms other than online.

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Hey @mooks - our front wall has the door that zips up at the long side of the awning and a window off to the caravan side (ie door not centred if that makes sense) so we were unable to add the zippers to this for the room. Our rear wall had the central door designed for the add a room so if you are able to put a door in there and zippers sewn on it should be good. We needed to get a new front wall made (mirror image of back wall) and now just pick and choose which end to put it on!

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree