Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Sticker Option 3

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Deano, another meet would be good. Are we all set on LC Park again or do we want to go somewhere different?
I haven't done the melbourne trip yet but will go and post a couple of quick photos just for you!

Well it would be good to do LC Park again. Do we have a holiday in May next year and I guess we need to check if any events are there again. That was a bonus this year when we went. I am sure we will have some more forum members next year.
I look fwd to your pics from VIC.
Congrats Paul on your new addition! You must be so proud.
Cheers Deano:bump2:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Wow, take a few days out of the loop to welcome your new son into the world and miss sooo much going ons!!
A couple here for me too, i like option 1 or 2, I'm always a sucker for the Aussie flag.
What are we looking at time frame wise? Would be great to have for the Christmas holidays.
Cheers
Congratulations Paul!! Never too early to introduce a kid to caravanning I say.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Wow, take a few days out of the loop to welcome your new son into the world and miss sooo much going ons!!
A couple here for me too, i like option 1 or 2, I'm always a sucker for the Aussie flag.
What are we looking at time frame wise? Would be great to have for the Christmas holidays.
Cheers

Congratulations to you and your family Paul, hope mum is doing well and doesn't lose too much sleep!

Cheers.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Thanks again to all for the wishes! Im sleeping ok... bubs wakes once in the night for a feed only Whoooo Hooooo

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cheers

Congrats!!!

Nothing like a new bundle of joy right before XMAS :)...

If it is not to bold pics of the new bub????

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on the new bub Paul!

Two bumper stickers for me, Option 2.

Great work Andrea and everyone invloved. A great team effort from the forum:clap2:

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Well it would be good to do LC Park again. Do we have a holiday in May next year and I guess we need to check if any events are there again. That was a bonus this year when we went. I am sure we will have some more forum members next year.
I look fwd to your pics from VIC.
Congrats Paul on your new addition! You must be so proud.
Cheers Deano:bump2:

Hi guys,

Stickers - number 2 looks good. I would get 2 of the bumper size - 1 for van and one for Prado. ;)

Now,
Pretty sure May day long weekend has gone now. Queens bday moved back to June and Labour day moved to October.
Also, did you know LC Park is up for sale? Just hope someone buys it that has the same passion.

Ants

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hey All.

Firstly, thanks Expanda and Andrea for getting this going. Secondly Congrats Paul for the new addition.

I haven't been on much lately due to work but man there has been some stuff going on. Looks really great with so many new faces... :)

When I get some time this week, we will be adding a post to put the van up for sale. We are going to upgrade from the 16' to the 17' so watch this space. Hopefully we can get sorted out pretty quickly and definately be ready for LCP when the day is decided.

For the stickers, I have gone with Option 2 and would like maybe up to 5 for the rig and a couple for the (new) van. Would be good to have one on the back and on the side of the van.

Plus might have to keep a few spare since (as Deano said) we come across so many Expanda's that aren't on the forum. Nothing like a bit of advertising...

Let us know what the results are.

Cheers everyone!

PS QLD Public Holiday dates can be found HERE. Note they are not saying the date has been moved yet in the notes but that could have changed...

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hi all, we have two days left before the poll closes.

Currently looking at option 2 seems to be the winner!

We are in discussions with a few companies to get these made and once the poll closes and we finalise the company we are ordering from I will post up prices and determine time frames for them to be availble.

I am working towards before the end of this month to have the company chosen and order in so we can get the stickers made up by middle november at the latest to have them out to everyone in middle november.

Just some food for thought on what has been discussed at the moment with the printers -

1) The larger window sticker some companies are suggesting we remove the australia map surronding the text to reduce cost but I am still discussing this with them.

2) The smaller sticker is looking to be 20cm x 5cm let me know if anyone has any issues with that?

Cheers!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hey Burnsy yes I should have been clearer :)

For the bumper stickers yes it will be exactly as you see on the site.

So it will be a white sticker 20cm's x 5cm's in size with the map and the text.

The larger sticker which is for windows / back of your van etc is where we are having troubles as it needs to be just the outline of the text and map so no white background like the smaller stickers.

This where it adds complexity as most companies can just print a sticker onto a white rectangle easily enough but as the larger stickers we don't want a white background just the outline of the letters / map thingy.

So some companies can die cut it to just the outline but they first need to print it on a clear / white background and then cut it to size to make it the right shape.

This obviously adds cost so we are just working out wether -

a) We get them to do the die cut so you get the map outline and all the text

b) We remove the map outline and just have the text

Reactions: Burnsy

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi expanda, the 1:4 ratio won't work for the design with the map. You'd have a whole lot of empty white space