sparewheel

wayne

May 21, 2013
orange nsw hate the place
hi every body is it just me or are they all the same. getting the sparewheel out of the A frame I had to take out the two gas bottles to get the wheel out am I doing some thing wrong or is this just an expanda thing,??? any one done this,

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
That's normal, some people go to the effort of relocating the gas bottles out a little, Or remove the vertical bar at the rear of the tyre & replace it with chain.
I asked jayco about it when I picked my van up, & they said its not a big deal to remove one of the bottles compared to the amount of time you realistically have to change the tyre.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I relocated my spare from under to on top and forward enough to clear gas bottles. Jayco blokes all had a good look at it during last service, and I asked which idiot thought to stick it below the bar, the just looked blank...probably assumed I was just too lazy to remove gas bottle to change a tyre.

394638370.535611.png

Reactions: Antman

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Love your work xpanda

wayne - if you get the extended drawbar, there are no problems with removing the spare while leaving the gas bottles in place.

As a tip, I also use my battery powered drill with the wheel nut fitting to take off/put on the bolt that secures the spare wheel - saves considerable time :)

Cheers,

Rohan

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I'm in the process of rearranging the A frame now, basically the spare will sit up between the gas bottles. It will also include 2x pole carriers and 2x jerry can holders which will bolt on when needed, a fairly simple design and can be removed without a trace! I'll post some pics when done!

Reactions: Antman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Wow... I remember talking about this on the forum Close to a year ago.

I posted about it around 2 yrs ago, Spare removal, I never did do anything about it, and heading back from the Vic High Country meet last year it came back to bite me on the butt yep we did a tyre, however as it was a slow leak with the rotation of the tyre I was totally unware of it, I found it when we stop for the night at a park. much better there than on the side of the road.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
we have 2011 expanda with extended draw bar due to last expanda 2005 limited access, too much effort to modify it too drop down like on the Windsor rapids