Soon to be owner of 17.56-2 OB

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We ended jup with a bunnings hose.
After leaving it in the sun (full of water) and flushing a million times, filling with bicarb, heating, cooling and flushing etc it still tastes worse than any garden hose I have ever drank from. Am I doing some?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
There's no substitute for a proper caravan drinking water hose, and if you can afford it, check out Gadget Man's post of last week and fit a BEST water filter to the end of it.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
There's no substitute for a proper caravan drinking water hose, and if you can afford it, check out Gadget Man's post of last week and fit a BEST water filter to the end of it.

Yep, I got one of the BEST filters and think it's great. Unfortunately it does not remove the plastic taste! The bunnings hose is a 'proper' drinking water caravan/boat hose according to the label. But, I guess I got what i paid for!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Was a bunnings Food Grade water hose, light blue in colour and absolute crap taste. Will be going to the Van show in june and pick up a new hose as well as other goodies.

I have heard this before with the blue water grade hoses, we have a white one and have never had an issue. We got ours from Jayco when we bought out OB Hawk a few years ago. We are still using the same hose and have never had any issues.

Let us know how you go.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have heard this before with the blue water grade hoses, we have a white one and have never had an issue. We got ours from Jayco when we bought out OB Hawk a few years ago. We are still using the same hose and have never had any issues.

Let us know how you go.

Good to know. I'll look for a white one at the show on the weekend