Site issues

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Is anyone else having issues with not getting emails of updates to Topics being followed, the Alerts on site for them or the list of most recent postings not working properly?

Phil

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
All ticked here as well. First noticed it yesterday when the right hand side box of most recent messages seemed to be no longer something I could click on to see the posting.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I think that there's been a bit of a site update as I've just noticed that where it used to indicate near the avatar area that someone was "Online" that it now has a green spot in the top left corner.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
And the Statistics section on the right of the home page has changed.... New Profiles Posts has replaced New Posts.... No Birthday notifications. And the New Media section up the top

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I think that there's been a bit of a site update as I've just noticed that where it used to indicate near the avatar area that someone was "Online" that it now has a green spot in the top left corner.
Online is now indicated by a green dot in the top left corner of the avatar pic.

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Is anyone else having issues with not getting emails of updates to Topics being followed, the Alerts on site for them or the list of most recent postings not working properly?

Phil

Hey @PhilD do you get any at all or just some but randomly?

Exactly right a big site update was undertaken on Friday

This introduced the new medua gallery, a raft of bug fixes and alot of different new features.

Most importantky we are about to introduce a new style for the site

And the Statistics section on the right of the home page has changed.... New Profiles Posts has replaced New Posts.... No Birthday notifications. And the New Media section up the top

This has definetly chabged well spotted

With the Birthday notifications we are going to have a birthday subforum eith each user getting there own happy Birthday message.

The new style will change this again so stay tuned

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
To summarise yes we went through a major update quite seamlessly.

Though a few things have changed we have primarily introduced alot of new features.

This time around we gave been a little quiet on this front as the final piece to the puzzle which is a full site redesign are not complete.

The redesign will happen fairly soon though......

If you find things lets discuss them here.

Reactions: dagree

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Hey @PhilD do you get any at all or just some but randomly?
While I have some Topics that are set to send me updates by email, most aren't set that way. In particular the many follow on messages about Bigman's skiting about his win with the jetski had a large amount of replies that didn't get to me until I next logged on and looked at the Topic and neither did they show as Alert's on the Forum itself. This may have been fixed somehow as there does seem to be some showing up now but for a day or so they were not there.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
While I have some Topics that are set to send me updates by email, most aren't set that way. In particular the many follow on messages about Bigman's skiting about his win with the jetski had a large amount of replies that didn't get to me until I next logged on and looked at the Topic and neither did they show as Alert's on the Forum itself. This may have been fixed somehow as there does seem to be some showing up now but for a day or so they were not there.
lol...maybe the forum is that smart that it knew it would upset you if it kept on reminding you about it?

Reactions: dagree and 17triton

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes, I noticed the same things..........
recent posts missing
replaced with new profile posts.....
new pictures across the top.......

I thought it was my work Computer on Sunday / Monday - they did an upgrade on Saturday...........

now I'm home, its back to "normal"

still got the pictures across the top......... kewl pic's peoples......

have been getting my email notices - only if I am off line....... good.......

Good stuff @expanda, keep the place on its toes I say...............

Reactions: dagree

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Any more info?

Time / date etc?
I noticed that the emails are now sent on behalf of support@expandasdownunder.com not just from that address, maybe spam filters playing a role?

Before:
upload_2015-2-24_14-40-44.png

After:
upload_2015-2-24_14-40-25.png

I'm still getting mine, but maybe that could be the reason some are and some aren't getting their emails?