Site Changes

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, to prepare us for some exciting changes coming up over the year we are making some changes to the site over the weekend whilst I don't envision any major downtime if you need to get in touch with us we have a facebook page up and running now.

http://www.facebook.com/ExpandasDownunder

The page is still in its infancy but is a good communication channel if you need to get in touch!

Cheers!

Reactions: Burnsy

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Just an FYI these changes went through last night and considering you are all here it all went well :)!!

You should fingers cross notice some differences in site access speeds especially when accessing images through the attachment manages but let me know if this is not the case!

This is only the start of things to come and over the next few months we will be introducing some changes to increase your engagement with the media aspect of the forum!

And thanks to everyone who has like the facebook page @MrsExpanda is working hard on it for us and if we get about 15 more likes we will get better access from facebook so please share the page around if you can.

Cheers!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hi all, you will notice some changes coming through on the site in terms of a realignment of the forums to make it easier to access information.

Let me know if you have any questions but once everything is done I will post the details...

Stay tuned for now!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Hi all, just wanted to give you a brief update on what has transpired over the weekend.

1) We have re organised the forum structure to make it easier to access information and remove clutter and waste on the home page. The main change was to organise the all other jayco caravans into a grouping and make them one click accessible from the front page. We also moved this sub group up under the top of the forum to provide users more direct access to this information.

2) We have increased the speed of the site and fine some change to the way the site accesses media to make it more responsive to load photos and use the attachments / gallery box. This is all in preparation for something bigger that is coming in the next month or so, so stay tuned on this one!!!

If you have any troubles finding anything or have suggestions on a better way to organise them we are always keen to get feedback. Please contact myself directly with your ideas via PM as every idea big or small will be considered.

Cheers Expanda and the mod team!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi expanda, i tried to upload some pics today and it won't let me, comes up Error#2038, not sure what's going on?

Cheers.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
hi forum leaders, have finally got on today, wow what a difference, getting myself familiar. lots of new information.

Q: the link in my signature goes to a 404 sever error prompt and i cant see my album in my profile?

please direct me in the right direction where i can find this(otherwords, tell me where to go nicely, LOL), or has my album been deleted??

thanks pace.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
hi forum leaders, have finally got on today, wow what a difference, getting myself familiar. lots of new information.

Q: the link in my signature goes to a 404 sever error prompt and i cant see my album in my profile?

please direct me in the right direction where i can find this(otherwords, tell me where to go nicely, LOL), or has my album been deleted??

thanks pace.

Hi Pace, welcome and glad you made it across A OK!

First you album is safe and sound in a hidden location so never fear!

Essentially the new forum software does not have an album feature....

That said we are working on a solution and will have an update shortly.

Essentially what we had in the previous world was this -

VBulletin -

1) Image Albums - Could not be re used unless you copied the photo URL and pasted that into a post. Essentially you creat an album and the photos stay there but there was no way to add these images into posts or similar.

2) Attachments - Could be inserted into a post and then re used over and over again.

Xenforo -

1) Attachments - Can be used over and over with an attachment manager

We are getting onto the attachment manager and as part of this we will recover your photo album and these photos will be accessible as a forum post in your name and you can expanda on it from there and use the images inside of it as attachments :)!!!

Appreciate your patience whilst we work through this.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Further to this I have opened up the photos forum where all the albums are stored :)!

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/forums/albums-expandas-downunder.43/

For now I have locked the forum, understand these photos are yours and they will always be yours but I have to keep it locked as until I open the attachment manager they need to be maintained other wise it will break anything else.