Interior Shower wall delamination.

Tubs

Jun 11, 2015
Longreach
Gday all,

I have a bit of a problem with my 17.52 expanda shower wall. The fake tile sheet has started to delaminate in the shower. By the looks of it, the only thing keeping it there is the tap mixer and the other walls.
Has anyone else had this happen and if so, how did you go about fixing it?
The van is out of warranty so any tips or tricks on trying to fix it would be appreciated, I.e. what type of glue should I use to attach the panel?

Thanks for your help.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day @Tubs, this is a fairly common problem and happened to me, Jayco came to the party and fixed it even though the van was 2 years old and then replaced the shower wall and wash basin 12 months later when the walls and basin went yellow. They will usually do this only for the original owner so if you bought it 2nd hand you may have to sort it yourself.

I can't give you any ideas how as it was done by an authorised Jayco service centre but I know they removed the wall completely to reglue it.

Reactions: relgate

Tubs

Jun 11, 2015
Longreach
G'day @Tubs, this is a fairly common problem and happened to me, Jayco came to the party and fixed it even though the van was 2 years old and then replaced the shower wall and wash basin 12 months later when the walls and basin went yellow. They will usually do this only for the original owner so if you bought it 2nd hand you may have to sort it yourself.

I can't give you any ideas how as it was done by an authorised Jayco service centre but I know they removed the wall completely to reglue it.

Tubs

Jun 11, 2015
Longreach
Thanks for the reply chartrock.
I'm the 3rd owner so getting jayco to fix it might be a stretch.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Same thing happened to my Starcraft. Replaced under warranty. In the scheme things it probably didn't affect the function but was good to have it fixed for cosmetic reasons.

Reactions: Tubs

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
both of mine have done the same, Jayco will only help the original buyer even though they recognise the problem, bit slack in my books and probably against fair trading but who could be bothered going down this path is the question?

Reactions: Tubs

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Mine had to be returned one week old for the same thing....

I'd say the easiest fix would be to pull the tap hardware off and use spray contact adhesive up the opening.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
@Tubs

We had the same problem on our's. Speaking to the Bendigo service team, this is a common problem. They said the factory uses the right adhesive, but the simply apply it to the laminate and then stand it up instead of let it set with weight on it.

From what they told me, it is a big job to pull out the basin and cassette toilet.

If you are going to do it yourself, give yourself plenty of time. Be careful removing the laminate wall - use a heat gun if it gets stuck.

Good Luck - Rohan.

Reactions: dagree