Just Browsing Show us your toolbox setup

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW
Finally got my big apex toolbox and i'm looking for inspiration on how to set it up internally. Any pics and ideas would be great

Thanks KevO
20140927_101934.jpg

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
We have fishing rods in the conduit!
We have our weber q220 in toolbox, fishing gear, small toolbox, 2 small compact tables and broom in tool box!

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Reactions: KevO

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Took this while setting it up. Haven't taken any since finalising the packing. The weber babyQ and accessories stored in a weber bag fit in the centre with a strap around them. Gaps in between the gas bottles and bbq are filled in with toilet chemicals, annex walls, gas heater, gas cooker, spare extension cords, etc, etc, etc.

Img_0304_Resized.jpg

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Hi Guys, all great setups. I took my 17.56-1 into work today to get the guys to do some mods for me that I've seen on this forum. Like upgrading the rear bumper to hold a fold down spare wheel and a bike rack. To enable a toolbox to be put on the front. First thing we noticed was that we actually had to remove both gas bottles to be able to pull the spare wheel out. Not a big deal but would've been pretty annoying to discover that out on the road somewhere.

Also, I rang the Apex distributor to order one of those tool boxes like @KevO and @carpanda and @benrosenick but when the guy gave me the dimensions I realised that 500mm is going to be too high for my van. The distance between the top of the draw bar and the bottom of the expanda bed liftout lid on my van is only 450mm. Is this because my van is not an Outback model or did the Apex guy give me the wrong box height?

Also @carpanda I notice you managed to get your gas bottles in front of your tool box. Do you have an extended drawbar which allowed this?

Thanks again for all the ideas and I hope to get something done over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Mick.

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Hi @mooks yeah I have extended drawbar. If we need to get anything out from top of tool box we need to do it before bend end is out. But usually we just use the opening of the sides of tool box. Only thing that won't fit out of side is the weber q. :)

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Hi @CrazyMOBB I really like your design and think I can get away with it if I drop the height of the box section down to 450mm. Any chance you can let me know who did that for you? Would be much appreciated.

Reactions: CrazyMOBB

mooks

Jun 2, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
Hi @mooks yeah I have extended drawbar. If we need to get anything out from top of tool box we need to do it before bend end is out. But usually we just use the opening of the sides of tool box. Only thing that won't fit out of side is the weber q. :)
Thanks @carpanda I've got the misfortune of both not getting the OB and not getting the extended drawbar. Mistakes which I will regret until I sell and start over.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
This what I run on the expanda and kept for the StarCraft. Just gotta move the gas bottles again, although mounting them inboard on a cradle this time. This box with the slides and dimensions was made for an expanda. I may not travel with a genie anymore so may make or buy a smaller one.

image2.jpg

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 524
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 536
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 522
Reactions: Pumkinhead