Separate Drinking Water Tank

Jaycus Maximus

Aug 4, 2013
Been through the site with a fine tooth comb and then again. No (repeat), No sign of powdered beer on the website. it's either coming soon, an April fools joke or a publicity stunt. But I can only imagine the (yuck!) taste of beer flavoured (low or no alcohol) soda water.... yeeech!!?. That's why my Expanda has a fridge!!

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Been through the site with a fine tooth comb and then again. No (repeat), No sign of powdered beer on the website. it's either coming soon, an April fools joke or a publicity stunt. But I can only imagine the (yuck!) taste of beer flavoured (low or no alcohol) soda water.... yeeech!!?. That's why my Expanda has a fridge!!
Coming soon. Sorry, it's not actually powdered, but a concentrate. You just add water and carbonate.
Only in the good ol' USofA :usa2:
http://www.patsbcb.com/beer-concentrate

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A

Right there with you Jaycus !!!!

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Yeah, I hear what you're saying @Xpandafan and @achjimmy. The dealer told me, and backed up on the Jayco website that the payload will be 475kg for the 18.57. Does anyone have differing info to this?

And I'm pretty sure that powdered beer concept won't take off in Australia! Easier to leave a kid at home.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Yeah, I hear what you're saying @Xpandafan and @achjimmy. The dealer told me, and backed up on the Jayco website that the payload will be 475kg for the 18.57. Does anyone have differing info to this?

And I'm pretty sure that powdered beer concept won't take off in Australia! Easier to leave a kid at home.
Agree. A bit like freeze dried ice cream!

Re payload. My 18 has a plated ATM of 2493kg and a Tare of 2018kg so the payload is 475kg as you note.
(GTM 2332/towball 161). However, immediately off that comes Gas *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* 16kg., Water *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* 160kg, HWS tank 22kg, Toilet flush/holding tank 22kg, roof top solar panels 20kg and 2nd battery 28kg. That brings me back to about 200kg. Another water tank and I'd be down to 120kgs. Mrs XF would really have to travel light.:culpability:

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Yeah there will definitely have to be some thought put in to what we take away to keep the weight in order. Will be happy to have that problem in 2 months when the van comes as opposed to now where I can only think about it!

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Have sketched a basic idea of how I want the water plumbing in my yet to be delivered van to be. Can I get feedback/comments as to whether this is workable or if there is a better/more efficient way or what other things I need to do/not do to make it work.
What I am trying to achieve is a separate water tank for drinking. I also want the drinking water tap (mains & tank) to be filtered. All the water going into the tanks will be filtered as it enters the tank.

Cheers,
Paul.

Attachments

• Water Plumbing.jpg
    Water Plumbing.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 203

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Have sketched a basic idea of how I want the water plumbing in my yet to be delivered van to be. Can I get feedback/comments as to whether this is workable or if there is a better/more efficient way or what other things I need to do/not do to make it work.
What I am trying to achieve is a separate water tank for drinking. I also want the drinking water tap (mains & tank) to be filtered. All the water going into the tanks will be filtered as it enters the tank.

Cheers,
Paul.
Looks good to me Paul good stuff.

Reactions: Paul75

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
There will need to a cold water supply to a tempering valve. This is the thermostatic mixer between hot outlet of the hws and a cold supply, this reduces water temp to 50 degC. I think you should include it in your drawing because it an important feature.

To simplify, do you need mains connected to drinking water line. You could keep it separate as you get heaps of drinking water out of a tank and if you are near mains, its easy to top your drinking water tank anyway. Less is better.

Last edited:

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
I like your thinking @maccayak. Simplifying is great, and you're right. Probably no need for mains to drinking tap. That will get rid of 2 non return valves, some piping, and allow the filter to go prior to the electric pump which i think is preferred. Thanks.

Is the tempering valve on the outlet of the HWS with a cold water supply into it?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Yes, the hot and cold go into it with a lower temp coming out the outlet. The outlet then goes to all your hot fixtures in a caravan. That is the simple way to do it. I get complicated but there is no need for a caravan.

Attachments

• tempering.jpg
    tempering.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 175