Exterior Roof mount air con

PaulSam

Jan 2, 2016
Newcastle
I've just purchased a new Jayco expanda 17ft model.
So far very impressed. However one thing I have found annoying is the drain water from the air con pooling on top of the roof and then finding its way to the lowest point usually the awning and then onto someone's chair!
Is there anyway of draing it away via a pipe or alike?

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
The problem is if that pipe ends up pointing up hill because you are not perfectly level or a wasp decides to make a home in it all that water will end up inside your van.
When you set up your van just lean it slightly to the right and it should run the other way, if that doesn't help try running a bead of silicone along the edge of you roof to hold the water back and force it to run off the front or back of your van.

Reactions: Colsar and bigcol

PaulSam

Jan 2, 2016
Newcastle
Thanks. I agree that there would be problems with a pipe. Looks like the bead of silicone might be the solution. Need to also apply silicone the the join between the awning and the van as this does not seem to be a water tight seal as the water seems to drip from the join as well.
I would have thought that Jayco could have solved this seemingly small problem in design!

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
A lot of brands have this problem. Manufacturers are to tight to add a small hoes length to the side or rear of the van.

Looking to do my aircon when I get it home next.