QLD Riverview Caravan Park Gayndah

JoM

Oct 7, 2012
We decided to stay here after free camping for a couple of days, just to charge up the batteries.

It is a very basic caravan park in need of updating. But I didn't mind it, it felt cosy to me. We had a site facing the water. Well, there is water, not a lot. You can't walk down to the water from your site. The day we arrived was 36 degrees. Unfortunately our air conditioner decided to be difficult. A quick phone call to Air Command and our warranty work was organized for when we arrived into Hervey Bay. Because of the heat, a nanna nap with the kids was out of the question and we took the littlies to the local pool. Just perfect for cooling down.

The powered site was very affordable. Cost us less than $25 for the night (with kids aged 3 & 4). There is another option, which is free. As you drive into town, there is a free stay which has toilets, showers, dump point and water. All this for free. If you don't need power, this place is just as good (if not better). But I didn't mind where I was at the caravan park. The manager/owner seemed very friendly. Their son played happily with our 2 girls. Washing was cheap ($3 I think).

Also, on their website, the place looks lovely. It was pretty dry when we went through. The park seemed a bit different in real life from the images on their website.

Attachments

• Waterfront views Gayndah Caravan Park1.jpg
    Waterfront views Gayndah Caravan Park1.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 238