Exterior Rear Bumper Mount

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Arvo All,

Discussing with my brother about making up a rear bumper and associated tyre brackets this arvo and we were looking under the back end of the panda. Refer to the pic below.

Now from what I can see the original mount for the bumper is the smaller box section to the left of the main RHS chassis. But for the life of us we couldn't work out the large square sections purpose. Any ideas? This is a serious bracket, with 5mm steel and 1m long.

Thoughts?
image.jpg

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
not sure , wasn't ur van missing the rear bumper?, he may have had something else made and added these to mount to.
i will be posting my new bumper tomorrow when finished fitting, its not a bad bit of work! some thing you may be able to model off.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Yep that's sure looks added on for a different rear and by looking at the trailer plug under the rear it had a removable rear bar with extra lights.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Ahh... that's what I was thinking... It's a pretty heavy duty bracket.

In a way, saves me a big job of making sure the existing mounts were strong enough! I'm getting a bumper that will slot into that and then slide to different depths depending on what we mount on the rear bar (tyres, bikes, etc...)

Will need to check the trailer plug to check it works, but it will be handy if it does and we need to plug in a light board or similar.