Electrical Portable Brake controller

Phil

Jun 12, 2015
Brisbane
G-day Guys
I have recently purchased a 16.49.3 outback.
I have not got a dedicated tow vehicle yet.
Does any one know where I can higher a portable brake controller from for this week end.
I am going to make one but i dont have time this week.

Cheers Phil

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
because they are wired into your car

you wont find anyone who "hires" them

go to Repco - or who ever, and grab one from them
an Auto electrician would be better, as they will fit it

you need a live feed to the trailer plug
brake switch feed
pos (+)
neg (-)

ebay like for reference only - but this model is a good one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ELECTRIC...760766?hash=item5d5d72c37e:g:wZsAAOSwLVZVoyAm

I would get a Tow Pro (if I could afford one)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EXPRESS-...807010?hash=item46448d13a2:g:wYwAAOSwcBhWXL06

hardest part is getting it fitted

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
You might.
Caravan hire places use a portable unit that plugs into a 12v outlet in your dash and then runs the wires through the cabin and out through the boot or tailgate. Maybe ring them to see if they'll hire them out separately.

Reactions: twscoot

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Not sure if you can use these on a caravan but perhaps this is an option? Not one I think I'd go for as I adjust mine depending on where I'm travelling (suburbs/open road). Just a thought. I think they are mainly used for lighter camper trailers.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
You might.
Caravan hire places use a portable unit that plugs into a 12v outlet in your dash and then runs the wires through the cabin and out through the boot or tailgate. Maybe ring them to see if they'll hire them out separately.

whale oil beef hooked

I have never in my life heard that you could get portable ones
thats a new one for me
thanks @Matty4

Reactions: dagree and Matty4

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Not sure if you can use these on a caravan but perhaps this is an option? Not one I think I'd go for as I adjust mine depending on where I'm travelling (suburbs/open road). Just a thought. I think they are mainly used for lighter camper trailers.

again
Whale Oil Beef Hooked

never seen one of them either................
I need to get out more..............

Reactions: dagree

Phil

Jun 12, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks Guys I have seen them they are just a normal brake controller that you can still adjust from your dash but are wired with a loop from trailer plug and is powered from cigarette plug. There is a place down south that sell them for $300, but I wont get it in time and I wont get time to make one up as I am away working.