Exterior Pop Top Seal

May 5, 2014
Hi Guys. Was looking at my van today and noticed that were the pop top seal sits on the roof of the body, it only seals on the edges? How does everyone elses sit? Is this normal? How much water/dust will get in? Has anybody fixed this issue yet (if it is an issue ;) )

Cheers in advance.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I know what your talking about, the sides sit higher then the front and back and result in a gap. I tried putting more tension on the latches which closed the gap however I have noticed some rub marks are occurring as a result.

Was going to get it looked at when I do the 12 month service.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Ours is the same to but I'm out of warranty by 12 months now so to late but I figured it shouldn't leak because its no difference to when the pop top section is in the open position anyway I spouse.

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Hi all,
I just replaced the seals (they were looking pretty ordinary from sitting out in the weather) on our 2009 model 17.56.2 and the original seals did sit on the sides and also sat on the front and rear panels above the bed ends.
The new profile seal does not sit as low and only sits on the side walls. I had a call back from Jayco yesterday and said that there will be a gap if you replace the old seals, and take it to a dealer to look at as they do not stock the old profile seals. Great product support:doh:
I am going to look at installing some door seal foam across the top of the bed ends to make sure we don't get any water / dust / bugs under the roof when travelling.
Cheers