Just Browsing Picnic Tables

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I want to get a picnic table for my van, and was going to go with the Camec one till I read some crap reviews about it.. I have also heard of "Lifestyle" tables, but don't really know much about them?

So hoping for some advice/feedback on your experiences with picnic tables please! What's good, what's not good etc :)

EDIT - By picnic table I mean one that attaches to the side of the van and folds down ;)

Thanks!
Sandra

Last edited:

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
I've got 2 on the side of my van. Absolutely love them. Had them fitted from factory so not sure what brand but they work great. Can see them in below photo.

Photo 1-06-2014 13 18 20.jpg

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Hi Sandra
I've fitted a lifestyle table & love it. It has a nice flat surface & strong as. A little dear but good & they back there product. I had a small issue with one of the locks, so they mailed me a new lock & a spare without charge.
jvp

Reactions: Flossymk1

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I bought the coast to coast (Jayco one) as I like the look of them, nice and smooth however I don't like the price. It was from memory about $250 posted from C-C but I am happy with the quality and it is the same as what Jayco fit. I have seen some similar ones on ebay that are advertised as NQR seconds, not sure what they are like but you have to bid to get them at around $150.

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
bumping an old thread - i just bought one to put on our OB.

what's the best way to fix them - shear rivets, or screws? sikaflex as well?
any way of knowing where there are frames in the wall to screw in, or just into the fibreglass is ok?

Brougham

May 22, 2016
Perth, WA
www.customphoto.com.au
Thanks. I normally go 316 anyway with stainless.

Where's a good place to get them? Bunnings?

Spent all day trying to get stainless anchor lashing points to mount the tables under the beds and no one had any. Got galv ones which I'm not happy with, but struggling to find anything better.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
For anybody fastening a picnic table to an alloy cladded van or into the frame. Just be aware that stainless and alluminium don't mix! They establish a corrosion in the alluminuim . If you want to use stainless clear the alloy cladding hole so the screw floats in and the sika or whatever will insulate the alluminuim from the stainless fastener. The 3mm ply is what will do the holding anyways.