17' Series Pick up my new 17.56.1

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
It went better than I thought it would. With a hot day we have only travelled from Albury to Cobram, the car has averaged 16.5ltrs per 100km's and that is with stopping and leaving the car running to have the air conditioner going. I am about to have tea then I will put some pictures up on a new thread.

Ash

Apr 29, 2015
Geelong
Hey @Macca666 and @Arkraider interested in your comments re towing with the Calais-V VF. There is now another one on the forum!
I've recently purchased a 2012 16.49 OB and will be towing it with a 2014 Calais-V. In my intro thread (there's also a pic of the car there) I said that I wasn't planning on an outback, but the deal was right and hey, these Commodores can go anywhere right?* *In reality, not really planning on going off-road :)

We are heading to Uluru and Kings Canyon in a couple of weeks so will really give it a really big test. Mines the V6 and in the couple of short trips done so far averaged around 15 ltrs/100km. We had a couple of issues that have now been fixed:

1) Tow height was a bit out and I had to lift the hitch on the van a bit to get it level. All sorted and looking good now.
2) Issue with the LED tail lights pulsing on the Van when connected to the car. Have heard that the Colorado's have the same issue and they have a fix for it, but not the Calais. I've had to add a relay into the tail light wiring in the van to stop it. All good now though.

Good to hear some stories of some other commodore travelers. Not many of us left these days!

Macca666

Jan 21, 2015
Echuca, Vic
Hey @Macca666 and @Arkraider interested in your comments re towing with the Calais-V VF. There is now another one on the forum!
I've recently purchased a 2012 16.49 OB and will be towing it with a 2014 Calais-V. In my intro thread (there's also a pic of the car there) I said that I wasn't planning on an outback, but the deal was right and hey, these Commodores can go anywhere right?* *In reality, not really planning on going off-road :)

We are heading to Uluru and Kings Canyon in a couple of weeks so will really give it a really big test. Mines the V6 and in the couple of short trips done so far averaged around 15 ltrs/100km. We had a couple of issues that have now been fixed:

1) Tow height was a bit out and I had to lift the hitch on the van a bit to get it level. All sorted and looking good now.
2) Issue with the LED tail lights pulsing on the Van when connected to the car. Have heard that the Colorado's have the same issue and they have a fix for it, but not the Calais. I've had to add a relay into the tail light wiring in the van to stop it. All good now though.

Good to hear some stories of some other commodore travelers. Not many of us left these days!
I have noticed the lights pulsing when I am parked but I wasn't concerned, good to know that it is easy to fix though