16' Series Outback 16.49-1

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Hi all..
We picked up our van last October.. What a nice jump from tenting & camping in our old Sunwagon! We have done lots of trips already in Victoria & looking forward to going further next year..
We have enjoyed looking at the forums and have already made some mods...I enjoy sewing so next job on the list is waterproof bed ends which will allow us to enjoy our van all year round:)

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Welcome to the forum Chookems glad to see you join up :yo:

What areas do you normally head too for your trips?

Hi Cruza,
We usually like to free camp as much as possible.. We have been to St Arnaud, Mt Franklin, Delatite Arm, Apollo Bay (caravan park) Johanna beach far too busy! Ararat & Ballarat.. We never know where were going till we hit the road! Destination is always a last minute decision..

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Welcome Chookems! Great choice in the 16.49-1 ;)
Good to hear you're enjoying the forum, what mods have you done so far? We love pics!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hi Cruza,
We usually like to free camp as much as possible.. We have been to St Arnaud, Mt Franklin, Delatite Arm, Apollo Bay (caravan park) Johanna beach far too busy! Ararat & Ballarat.. We never know where were going till we hit the road! Destination is always a last minute decision..
Looks like you have covered a bit of ground already, and the unplanned holidays can turn out to be the best ones to sometimes :)

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Welcome Chookems! Great choice in the 16.49-1 ;)
Good to hear you're enjoying the forum, what mods have you done so far? We love pics!

Hi Lara,
Yes I have looked at some of your mods too..Like the look of your bed ends which Im planning to copy :)
The latest mod Ive done is replace the flyscreens in pop top with clear plastic so we can still get the light in when its raining..
Have replaced our lights with LED's.. Have made a privacy screen off the awning..
20121102_200628.jpg
2013-05-11 15.55.17.jpg
20121102_200628.jpg 2013-05-11 15.55.17.jpg 2013-05-11 15.57.35.jpg

Reactions: Lara

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I used adhesive velcro but I sewed it onto the clear plastic..I already had the velcro (thats why its black!) Hardest part was lining up with the velcro on the pop top which is really not very wide!

Looks great, been looking at doing a similar thing. but like anything its a get-a-round job, when I Get-a-round too it.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Welcome to the forum Chookums. Just as well you are in Victoria or you would have Lara on your doorstep for some sewing expertise. :p

Mods shown so far look first class, keep the pics coming.

Ha, you know me well Chartrock! As soon as I read Chookums wife could sew, my eyes immediately darted to see where they're from! Sadly for me, yet a other sewing expert south of the border...... :(