Our 2013 Landcruiser 200, time to move her on

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Thanks mate good read. Yeah I am going tp do a wire mod to allow the Toyota system to work while driving. Then get myself the hema 7 for van rear view, offroad mapping and thinking about wiring a front cam in for offroad work? Recently in the VHC I hit the bottom off a storm drain a little harder than I'd liked , no damage but the steepness of it would have been evident on a cam but it couldn't be seen over the bonnet and bar.

Will be keen to see how to rewire the OEM unit so it can be used while driving. Most of the time i travel with a passenger.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Have a look at Prestigious Society. Have modules to do this. May be better than hacking up your wiring. Prestigioussociety.com

Yeah I have mate. Problem is there systems are only for the Saharas

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I have been looking at it, i have sent them an email a few days ago with some questions on the way it operates. A good alternative but expensive for a box.

Mate unless they have something new in the last 6 mths it doesn't suit our VX only the Toyota Sahara system. As that systems is built in at the factory, our system is fitted at the docks in Australia and is unique to us.

Reactions: TTBRIDGE

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Yeah I have mate. Problem is there systems are only for the Saharas
@Hubble80, this would be the unit for Aus i think?
Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 8.48.01 PM.png

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Okay I stand corrected that looks like it's for ours? It has been a while since I checked. But it is a lot of money for what you can do by cutting a wire?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been chasing a rack or platform for a while. Really liked the black window rack but not the price, especially given how many times it gets used. Liked the rhino pioneer platform for its versatility, but again a lot of many after adding up the accessories. This one came up on fleabay quite reasonable, it was set up for a Paj but took the same feet the Cruza rhino bars use. So for less than a new platform I got a 9 mth old one with a 2.5m rhino awning incl the fox wing brackets, the optional side rails and a heap of the tie down fittings that are also stupid expensive.

With the side rails on but not awning yet.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
Mate love the wheels. Do you find the awning needs to be up that high? Or could it be a bit lower? Guess ideally you want the headroom?
Yeah I do find it a little to high, as I struggle to zip up the bag. Turn the brackets around to drop the height is on my to do list. I've lost the special key spanner to do it though. Lol

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
@achjimmy, i did have a Dig Options unit. It was a good unit, but at the end of the day i bought it on the basis on one function. It turned out not to have it. This was the ability to play DVD to rear headrest displays while playing radio / ipod to front. It seems you need 2 processers, they were quite common 2 years ago. With the recent drop in price of a lot of units this function was dropped.

So based on this, the unit was really only doing what the factory one was. So i managed to negotiate a refund. They were good about it, so if the need arose i would deal with them again. It was a good unit, but not worth the change.

I think the van camera in the HEMA ia a good move. The Dig unit had a front camera option, i made this the van. While a great idea, when using the camera, i needed to then turn it off to drive the stero. Then you go to the camera again. Then the phone rings, so you have to turn it off again, i only used it on one trip. It was painfull in the end so i went back the camera displayed on the mirror.

So now the stuff you loaded has good apeal to me, the POI stuff is great to have.

I got my dig options to do the dual zone thing, I had USB video to the overhead monitor and audio to the wireless headphones, and radio/gps on the front screen through the main speakers. Wasn't straight forward to set up, and like you this was the main reason I got the dig options head unit.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Funny thing when I went to measure up for a stone stomper. Lady at Jayco said the 200s are the least favorite tug due to the high hitch! It certainly gives you something to work out. Last time I spaced the vans hitch up, the spacer weighed a ton. A mate with a 200 brought these in to try. Iam giving them a go, 8" and 10" drop. Hoping the 8" does it as I am not fussed on the big one. It will end up looking like a plow or discovery 4 :behindsofa:

They are heaps lighter than the OEM.

Rated to 8,000lbs beautifully made.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg