16' Series Our 16.49-4

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
Hi All,
After 4 years in a Swan, took the plunge and purchased a 16.49-4 Outback with a few extra's. Have loved the advice on this forum which assisted us in making our final decision IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0015.JPG

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:welcome:Welcome aboard Brismacca nice lookn setup you have only one problem with it .... Its still in your driveway !!! only jokn enjoy this forum and your new purchase

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Nice one, brismacca and welcome to the forum. Lots of advice floating around the forum, glad it was helpful. Looks like the van has a nice resting spot too. :first:

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome folks. Nice step up from the Swan. Good you found this forum and have taken the plunge and joined us. I hope you have lots of fun in your Expanda and make time to share your adventures with us.

Aspanda

Oct 30, 2012
Aspendale, VIC
Mirror image brismacca! We went from swan to 16.49.4 too. 2 gas tanks tells me there's the external shower. I've just read a thread about the red brass connector to the hot water service being too tight. I'm keeping an eye out for that. Better grab the number of the Dart bros (don't think they do brissy).

Enjoy the 16.49.4

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
Hey Spot,
They certainly are the Holiday Annexe bed fly's, supplied and fitted by Hans in Brisbane, great to deal with and a great product.
Aspanda, yes, we went for the external shower (with outside light), HWS, solar, battery, gas bayonet, roof top a/c, 150l fridge, annexe and I think that covers it.
Welcome brismacca
Love the setup, is that another set of Holiday annexe’s fantastic bed fly’s you’ve fitted?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey brismacca, Great van, if you get a chance can you post a pick of where the outside shower is. I have heard they have moved them on the newer ones? I want to put one on mine, I dont want to stuff up!

Maccayak

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome brismacca, thats a great model you have there. I really love the look of the bed flys:high5:

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
Hey maccayak, will try and get a photo. It is at the rear of the van on the oppposite side of the awning. The hose retracts back into the rear tunnel boot.

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
Hey Brad,
The swan was able to fit in the garage, but the expanda is too high, so we poured a new slab just for it and will be getting a cover for it upon our return from our 3 weeks down at Tallebudgera in January. The upside is there is now more storage room where the swan was kept.
Welcome brismacca.
Is that a purpose built pad for the panda? Looks nice.
Bed ends look great too.

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi Brismacca the 16.49.4 is such a great model we love ours, welcome aboard. Question for you how much were the bed ends and did you fit them yourself?

brismacca

Dec 12, 2012
Brisbane
$990 for the pair and they fitted them, which involved rivetting a sail track to the edge of the hard and a press stud at the top and bottom of each end where it joins the van.
Hi Brismacca the 16.49.4 is such a great model we love ours, welcome aboard. Question for you how much were the bed ends and did you fit them yourself?