observations - air bag suspension and groaning WDH

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
two whinges I had was; 1, every bump the van hit was transfered into the Pathie, and 2, when turning a corner at a slow speed, the WDH groaned and carried on noisily.

Well, on the long weekend, I forgot to pump up the air bag suspension. We barely felt any bumps from the van. It seems its making the ride too harsh and taking out too much of the rear suspension play.....

At the caravan show, I had a chat with the HR rep and asked about the noide. Originally I had thought it was the bars hitting the safety chain bracket, or the chains themselves, but again on the weekend realised that wasn't the case. Anyway, the rep believed it to be fairly common (as others here have mentioned) and suggested it is the bottom of the bars rubbing across the top of the hitch plate thing where they connect. He recommended to file the edge down of the plate down to make a nice chamfer around it, and then spray INNOX before connecting the bars. (and wipe it off again when removing the bars).
600-800lb.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
you'll always get a bit of noise from the bars mostly when turning but usually not to bad but I've got use to mine now, it also a balancing act between the airbags and the bars, I found that to much air in the bags will actually take the weight off the bars

I spray the bars with silicon spray.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Its a bit of trial and error with the air bags as you may know I usually vary mine on what kind of trip we are doing and how much stuff is in the Expanda. I cant help you with the bars though.

Where did you go over the weekend?