Not happy Jan

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I was crawling under the van over the weekend and came across this.
Note the bend in the chassis.

image.jpg

On closer inspection I find the cross member has been torn from the weld joint as a result.
See pic below.
image.jpg

Thoughts everyone on how you think I should approach Jayco on this one and what would you see as outcomes?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
That is a bit dodgy. I would go back to Jayco and complain about it.

Hope you can get it sorted.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
That's a bugger and should have been repaired at the factory, they must have seen it! They will fix it, that's safe to say but very annoying on a brand new van!

Good luck.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yes unfortunate and frustrating I know, shouldn't happen but it does. Mate I recon all they will do and probably can do is weld it and if the gap is too big then maybe a angle bracket welded on the under side and touch up with galmet. I would be disappointed but don't stress, it's not going to cause structural issues as it still seems to be welded on the other sides and at least you won't see it unless your underneath. Your probably better qualified to repair yourself anyway mate, not the point I know, but you can weld!

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yeah Burnsy.
I called Jayco today and spoke to them about it. I am going to email the pics and they will send to head office.
I have decided to keep the email fairly open as I am not sure what I want to see happen here so would prefer them to come back with some options rather than me demanding stuff.

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Not cool mate.

Thanks for the heads up cause when we eventually go for pickup on the new van, I will do a full inspection underneath as well...

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Here is something else I would be checking whilst under the van.
Note the holes cut out for something but the raw timber not protected by silicone.
image.jpg

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
G'day Brad,

doesn't look to good mate i sure would be peeed off.

I will be crawling underneath mine on the weekend to check on it as well. Thanks for the heads up and hope you do OK with Jayco

Cheers Glenn