Newbie joined Moving from OB Hawk to Ex 14.44.4

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Hi all, Matt here from Brisvegas. Moving up from a 2009 OB Hawk to a Expanda 14.44.4 with a few extra options. Looking forward to delivery some time in October. Impressed with the thread and wealth of info. Keen to here about those who have underslung onroads.

I am getting conflicting feedback through Jayco, is it 2 inches or 4 inches? If any one has a 14.44.4, keen to hear the good and the bad, its not in the garage yet, happy to change my order. Still researching while its not built.

Just got back form 3 nights away Borumba Deer Park, Imbil 2 hrs north of Brisvegas ,fantastic country , cold, quiet, but no fish on my hook, though plenty of deer to look at. no you cant eat em....

Cheers Matt

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
Welcome Matt,

Yeah the Deer Park is great, especially with the kids.

We have a 14.44-4 due late September/ early October.

There are lots of threads on the overslung/underslung issue.

I know Moto knows a lot about them and has a 14.44 as well.

Shaw he will let you know.

Welcome and enjoy, keep the questions coming.

Cheers

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Welcome Matt, the 14.44-3 is getting more popular it sure is a great size :high5:

And another who has gone the camper trailer to Expanda option, I previously had a 07 OB Hawk before our Expanda

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hi all, Matt here from Brisvegas.

I am getting conflicting feedback through Jayco, is it 2 inches or 4 inches? If any one has a 14.44.4, keen to hear the good and the bad, its not in the garage yet, happy to change my order. Still researching while its not built.

Just got back form 3 nights away Borumba Deer Park, Imbil 2 hrs north of Brisvegas ,fantastic country , cold, quiet, but no fish on my hook, though plenty of deer to look at. no you cant eat em....

Cheers Matt

Hi Mat Welcome to the forum
We have a 14.44.4 as well and can tell you they are a great little van. Apart from a few minor problems which will be fixed at first service. A couple of things you may want to check are the number plate position if you are getting the bike rack and the height of the tow hitch, Have a look at Moto's Hi from the gong thread, lots of good info in there for us 14.44 owners.

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
Welcome Matt,We have the 14.44-4 onroad "underslung"and love it.However the lift was achieved with a 50mm packer and a couple of extra springs not the axle under the springs as I assumed.So if You only want the lift so You don't drag Your tail on driveways etc or the odd corrugated road then It will be fine.If You are intending any more adventurous trips I Would go the OB.I wish We did.Cheers,Gavin.

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Thanks Gavin, thanks,we are planning to go off the black top a bit more than we already do, we've sorted a new garage solution, I've also convinced the CEO in the house that we need the extra height and the dual gas tanks, I think I'm pushing .... up hill to do anymore, just hoping Santa throws in a baby weber for xmas. Capitalism,ahh the serenity....of it

Cheers, Matt

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Thanks for the heads up, I phoned Jayco today they said it's sorted with the bike rack, rego plate, acknowldged there was an issue but now resolved, time will tell.. cheers again

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
changed ny order my order to the outback with no dramas have to wait 2 more months though, bring on December.....

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
Main reason 1. we have to rebuild/raise/redesign a carport to accommodate the height, and our new builder has given us another option versus the first option presented a few months ago limiting us to an an onroad. 2. we always wanted the outback to get off the beaten track. new stoppng us now, except the tug an old pajero 2002 nm petrol guzzler, going to put some polyairs on her before xmas.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome Matt, alreaady answered most of your questions in your PM, but still wanted to say G'day on here.

Great to see another 14.44-4. Yeah we had a few issues but ours was the first run on this model, no doubt yours will be fine.

We have had ours for two months and been away 5 times. No regrets!