New Version Of VBulletin (Love it or hate it you decide!)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cheers for the feedback....

Yes VB5 is a bit confusing, the activity thread view can be turned off so its not available and in fact it was requested to be turned of on this forum as it is available in VB4.

Basically with VB5 its like a set of modules for everything, forums, blogs, posts, photo albums, activity thread etc and you can turn things on and off as needed and or wanted and I agree activity would have to go.

For me personally I am looking for less overhead in the software but VB5 allows you to customise the site more where as with the site we have now what you see is what you get.

There are mods for everything but mods are not always the best way to go unfortunately as it can hinder an upgrade from going ahead as it risks breaking the board.

There is alot of things I have wanted to do with the site but just can't due to the fact everything thus far has required a mod and I have steered away from this.

VB4 is also just to slow, requires alot of resources and is very boggy for what it is supposed to be.

If VB5 can't deliver on that in the next 3 - 6 months then we will have to look at something else as really that is the main reason for sticking around as its supposed to deliver more features but less overhead.

For now it doesn't seem like its anywhere near possible but they are hard at work trying to make it possible.

I work in IT in sort of a way its very complex to explain but lets just say I play a part in making the things chug along that you all you use on a daily basis and sometimes every couple of minutes depending on how much time you spend on the phone /internet :)......

Cryptic I know but I am sure you can figure it out!!