17' Series New Van on the way.

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Hi All,

I have been busy reading the forum for a while now and we took the plunge 6 months ago and bough at 2010 Expanda 17-56.2 OB which we loved so much we sold it and ordered a brand new 2014 model which we are now just waiting delivery on (Mid Dec hopefully) and then we will be off after Christmas down to the SW WA for some good family fun. We had the luxury of choosing all the options but one that wasnt listed at the dealers, and I now wish I had asked for it, was the extended draw bar so I could fit a box on there as there's some beauties within these forums.

Thats about all, hope to see you out there, travel safe,

Bushie,

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @BUSH RANGER and welcome to the forum from another 17.56.2OB owner from West Aussie!!!!!!
A few of us have the tool boxes on a standard drawbar..... You just have to choose the right size and keep and eye on things when reversing and turning sharply :oops:

Also keep an eye open for a WA Members weekend away... Be good to see you tagging along on one of them. (We don't bite hard!!!)

Where and when are you doing the SW trip as we are heading down Busselton way for the first 2 weeks in Feb.

Reactions: BUSH RANGER

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Welcome @BUSH RANGER .
Unfortunately some salesman are not aware of all the options available. That's why this forum is such a great resource.

If you haven't already, get on the blower to your dealer, they may be able to update it with the extended drawbar.
It's usually $300 extra ($1 per mm - sounds expensive but worth it).

Reactions: yabbietol

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Hi David,
We are headed south after the 14th January, not even sure where we are off to as yet. I was thinking perhaps Walpole Inlet as a new spot to try out. But we will keep an eye on those dates as we are keen to get out as much as we can.

Reactions: dagree

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Hi Big Skiddy,
I agree it would have been nice to know about the extended draw bar but thats salesmen for you. It is too late to change unfortunately, she is well underway and has a chasis number already. It would have been well woth the $300 I agree.

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Hi Cruza Driver,

Off the top of my head-

External fold down table
Outdoor shower and annex light above the shower.
Extra 100ah battery and wiring
Drifter controller
Extra water tank
Extra TV outlets
Oven
Trigg hitch
upgrade to 150 WATT Solar panel
Wind up TV antennea.
TV antennae direction finder
Stone guard

I think thats about it actually. There will be plenty of my own mods coming once she arrives. I am planning on instally a UHF radio with a fold down marine antenae. I would also like to look at making up 2 x clamp on spare wheel holders for the rear bar if I can but I'll need to research that one a little further first to see if it can hold the weight (Alloy hopefully). Cupboard shelves inside for the big cupboard. Reversing lights and perhaps a revering camera. Hose holders under the rear bunk externally.

A few shake down runs will no doubt give me a longer list.

Im looking foreward to "tinkering" with the van.

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Yes we are all very excited. There's just never enough holidays to enjoy it as much as we'd like to. I guess thats where being a grey nomad comes into play! Eventually!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi David,
We are headed south after the 14th January, not even sure where we are off to as yet. I was thinking perhaps Walpole Inlet as a new spot to try out. But we will keep an eye on those dates as we are keen to get out as much as we can.

Might pay to call ahead and make sure there are some vacancy's that time of year @BUSH RANGER ...... Unless you are free camping somewhere!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome to the forum @BUSH RANGER

not many Romans about, but plenty of "Forumites" to help with any questions you have
and help you spend your hard earned coin........

Yes its getting very close to delivery now. I forgot to mention that Jayco came to the party for the late inclusion of the extended draw bar. VERY HAPPY!!!

that is great news............

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi Cruza Driver,

Off the top of my head-

External fold down table
Outdoor shower and annex light above the shower.
Extra 100ah battery and wiring
Drifter controller
Extra water tank
Extra TV outlets
Oven
Trigg hitch
upgrade to 150 WATT Solar panel
Wind up TV antennea.
TV antennae direction finder
Stone guard

I think thats about it actually. There will be plenty of my own mods coming once she arrives. I am planning on instally a UHF radio with a fold down marine antenae. I would also like to look at making up 2 x clamp on spare wheel holders for the rear bar if I can but I'll need to research that one a little further first to see if it can hold the weight (Alloy hopefully). Cupboard shelves inside for the big cupboard. Reversing lights and perhaps a revering camera. Hose holders under the rear bunk externally.

A few shake down runs will no doubt give me a longer list.

Im looking foreward to "tinkering" with the van.
well done don't forget outside tv point and maybe fridge fan to help keep it cool and welcome to what I call the expanda collective a group of people who love there vans and the places they go and ideas they have maybe ditch stone guard get a stone stomper

BUSH RANGER

May 24, 2014
Perth, WA
Only 10 days to go!!! (Until we pick up the new Expanda).

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have to say this forum has a multitude of ways to spend money on many great mods and I am a keen "Tinkerer" so the Panda will have all the creature comforts eventually.

@Bluey, I think you are spot on too, I am going to go with the Stone Stomper after doing my research I think it will offer better protection and save me having to change it later when I add the box on the front. Will save the new van getting covered in diesel soot too.

Reactions: dagree