17' Series New to Caravanning Experience (with photo's)

wanderer20

Dec 20, 2011
South Australia
Joined the forum late last year but did not have photos available at the time.
We are currently sitting with our van at Goolwa in SA in 40 degree heat and loving it.

Picked up our 17.56-2 van in Sept last year and this is our 6th short trip since then. (Helps being retired).
WE have found the this forum to be fantastic and have learn a lot allready.
IMG_0304 copy.jpgIMG_0314.JPGIMG_0313.JPGIMG_0312.JPGIMG_0311.JPGIMG_0310.JPGIMG_0309.JPGIMG_0308.JPGIMG_0307.JPGIMG_0306.JPGIMG_0305 copy.jpgIMG_0315.JPGIMG_0304 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 240

ckcklopic

Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
Hi there Wanderer,
Have you found the hanging flyscreen effective? I sure get tired of the kids slaming the screen door when they go in and out.
Cheers Kim

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
Nice set up wanderer 20 . How do you find towing with the challenger. It looks like you have a WDH atached. Do you have a factory fitted towbar with the Hitch or did you change it? Also what is the ATM on your van and is the max towing for you Challenger 2.5t or 3. Sorry to bombard you we have a 2010 challenger and are waiting on our 17.56.2.OB so wanted the inside info? OOps last question, where did you get the fly screen from my wife wants one for ours as we have 4 kids who will be in and out all the time.
Thanks Richard

wanderer20

Dec 20, 2011
South Australia
Hi randal007

The Challanger is great for towing van has sat very quietly behind with now problems to date. Very happy with whole set up so far.
We have "eza lift". WDH. Was advised not to get Mitsubishi towbar as it does not accommodate a most WDH systems.
Challanger is 3 tonne towing with 300kg ball weight and the van ATM is 2287kg so well inside capacities
Got fly screne from Bunnings and modified to suit. Had to shorten ans drill holes to fit over small cup hooks above door on inside of van.
For anybody wondering about the weather proof bed end all I did was buy cheap tarp from Bunnings (greatest man place on earth) and used privacy screen as template. Then put eyelets where press studs were and attached small rubber bands that I slip between stud when putting privacy screen up.
This way we only need only need to bring them down when required. Turned out to be very cheap method and easy to do
Randl,hope this has assisted
Bill

Reactions: randl007

wanderer20

Dec 20, 2011
South Australia
Hi ckcklopic,
Main reason for fly screen was we take 2 grand kids away often and they were in and out of van constantly.
Wife says she would not do without it as it is very effective keeping bugs out

Bill