New Rinnai BBQ good for Caravan use (Product Review) "Hey new idea for sub forum"

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Being in the trade I purchased a new release Rinnai Integrill BBQ. It is a very simple flat plate BBQ, stainless burner, piezo ignition. It has a formed cast iron plate. It has a low hood, good for usual snags and steak, you could not do a roast in it like a Weber. We gave it a go at the beach today and it cooked the snags up very quickly. Inside below the plate it is all stainless steel and the hood is old fashioned enamelled black finish. Looks quite modern. Great BBQ for breakfast and general plate cooking. Retails at $300. I am sure they could be bought cheaper. It is a small compact bbq, the plate is roughly the size of a normal bbq plate to give you an idea of size.

IMG_1469.JPGIMG_1470.JPGIMG_1471.JPG

I have a Weber Baby Q 100 series, the Weber is better for roasts and bread cooking. The Rinnai is better for breakfast cooking as I can get more on the plate as it is rectangular.

Cheers Geoff

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
thanks Geoff
Can the plate be removed and swapped for a griddle or other so a pot can sit on it?
Does it run straight from the gas cylinder with its own regulator, or can it run from a cvan bayonet fitting (low pressure)?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
SD, It just has a straight stainless burner under it, plate removes but would be no good for putting a pot on like you want to. It uses a regulated hose like a baby Q and others. It could be connected to a bayonet if you changed the hose.

Geoff