14' Series New rear bar size

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I have the awful white tube rear bar on my van and want to get a mate to fabricate a bar the same as the new galvanised rear bars.
Can somebody help me out with the size of the tube used for the bar on their new van, as there are no vans around my area to get a look at, I suspect it looks like 50x75mm from what I can see in photo's but I would like to be sure.
Cheers

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have a feeling if you get under your van that removal of a couple of bolts will allow you to remove the bar all together and then you can just take it around to your mate as a template.

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I have a feeling if you get under your van that removal of a couple of bolts will allow you to remove the bar all together and then you can just take it around to your mate as a template.
Thanks for that, but I have no problems with getting the bar off for a template, what I am after is the size of the rectangle steel tube used to make the bar, I will use 50x50mm sections to bolt into the original mounting holes and then weld them to the correct size rear bar.
Cheers