Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-8 ordered

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
:cheer2:We decided to upgrade from an Expanda 14.44-4 OB to the new Journey with the full ensuite. We've always said that "one day when we retire" we will upgrade to a van with an ensuite, but due to major health issues last year, we decided that life is short, and our "one day" will be now. We are kicking out the two teenage boys who will now have to sleep in an add-a-room, while us parents will live like king and queen inside the van.

I am very happy to say that we sold our Panda yesterday, after advertising it on this forum. What a great place to sell a van . We will meet the new owner halfway to deliver the van, so will have a quick trip in 3 weeks to NSW.

We are going away during the September school holidays, so we've been looking around for a van to hire.

Our van should be finished by end of October, so we hope to have it early November to have a full annexe and the boys new sleeping quarters made before our holiday during December.

A lot of extras are now standard and we've only added a few extras:
Water filtration
Shelves to the wardrobe
Fold down picnic table
We've opted for the 15inch tyres, which will be the underslang axle to get a bit more height. We wanted the OB but it won't fit, so the 15 inch tyres will do.

We've also got the show special, which comes with a reversing camera.

We also want to get a van mover, we've had one on the Panda, so we are looking into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Now the long wait begins ...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ha. Get a bigger, better, newer van ... then kick the kids out. But not kick them out into the annex, oh no no no ... kick them out into the annex's annex. Brilliant. Good life lesson, if you don't own it, don't get too comfortable. Im taking notes. :hail:

(I need to be careful, my evil plans rarely go to plan. It could easily result in me in the swag behind the annex's annex)

@nnie

Aug 17, 2013
Brisbane
good on you @@nnie

not sure how having a bigger van - means the kids are kicked out
but

hey I'll go with the flow

and I like how you were able to sell the old 14 on this site
great job Expandasdownunder.com
The bigger van has an ensuite, and only a double bed, so no more bunk beds for the kids. They are happy to move outside, and grateful they don't have to sleep in swags. :)

Reactions: bigcol