17' Series New...and about to go in the deep end!

Rozi

Apr 4, 2016
Mt Martha
Let's drive around the country she said.....well it was either that or get job!....looking after 2 kids is a job l said!.....Hence the van and diesel Territory to tow it....I'm off in less than 2 weeks for 2 months to start with.
I've done a fair bit of homework and I'm looking for some pearls of wisdom, well, those things I would have forgotten, coz I was crap at homework!!....
Also, what mirrors are you all using, the freebies chucked I when I got the van clipped on and I spent 3 hours driving with my neck bent in all directions trying to see what was what out the back....
..the lovely has also asked for some pull out shelving in the 2 taller cupboards...think I can manage that...just a bit worried about screwing a hanging bracket into the side wall of the van...anybody done that, and how thick is the wall?....will I finish up going through the external wall?
I'm going with the 'just make it up as you go' theory....I'll go pretty slow to start with...

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @Rozi
As for mirrors you will probably get inundated with response saying "Clearview Mirrors" (My vote as well!)

If screwing into the inside wall, or any internal panels, of the van if you use <12mm x 8 gauge screws you will be OK (Well I have so far ;) )
Looking forward to seeing the mod pics as you go!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I stuck 12mm ply in my cupboard with liquid nails then screwed shelves on to that worked a treat
mirrors I use ORA , magnet arms on the doors also very good and the car dosnt look like dumbo , clearviews may be good but very pricey too and Welcome to the best forum out there

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
With mirrors some people here have Territory's so see what they use each mirror different size.
We got a set of plastic drawers from a cheap $2 type shop they fitted in no screwing needed :) seen a few of those wire baskets you could be lucky size wise.

Welcome to the forum ask away lots of people on here who are normally happy to share and help